Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Help to identify these wiring plugs  (Read 540 times)

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2015XC
Help to identify these wiring plugs
« on: March 04, 2019, 12:50:15 AM »
I have moved my indicators from the fairing to up near the headlight assembly to reduce the width of the girth & improve their projection/vision.

There are 2 other 'closed' off plugs attached to the side of the radiator (see picture) which are no doubt for other systems not utilised on my bike. (2015 XcX)

So I would like to snip the wires and terminate them and hide them up on the frame then reduce some of the bracketry on the side of the radiator, or use them for accessories as per below.

I need to run power for a cigarette plug (GPS) and aftermarket heated grips. So if I can establish what they are and what their amps capacity / solenoid activation is then I may use those loom sections for my accessories as they are already near the head stem of the frame and easy to extend.

Can someone tell me what these circuits might be as I don't want to cause a fault light because of resistance changes via the electronics and

Cheers.

Offline Brian Bell

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2015 xcx
Re: Help to identify these wiring plugs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 03:54:40 AM »
My guess is that they are for the OEM fog lights and heated grips. I am about to fit the OEM heated grips to my 2015 XCX and the instructions say to find the blanked off connector in the same place you find them. Be careful fitting the aftermarket grips. According to YouTube they require some modification to the throttle tube.

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:15:31 AM »
Yeah I kinda thought they would be fog or driving lights given their position but I don't have any switches to activate them from the bars.
So figure I will just get the Multi meter out & trace but suspect they wont have current.
So may need to trace them back to the fuse area and figure out how I can activate the relay (if they have one) with auxiliary switches...

Unless of course someone pops up with better info.

Re heated grips, I have bought cheap stick on laminated elements, stuck them to the 'standard' rubber grips and then fitted foam 'rippa' grips over that.
Picked up the idea from another forum working on the theory that they dont have to heat up the bars and they are just under the foam section so they may work fairly well ??
For $45 its worth a try...have to google them and check current first but was aware that there is at least one spare power outlet down there... let me know what you use thx.

Offline philmcglass

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
On the RHS of the radiator there is a 3-way connector that mates with the Foglight switch.
Presume this is used to activate a relay. Dont know which one.
Find the Line

Recent Topics