Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Brake ABS  (Read 154 times)

Offline Alstrom

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XC
Rear Brake ABS
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »
So i thought ABS feature (i have a 2015 XC ) would prevent the back wheel from locking under hard braking but i have managed to lock the  wheel even to the point where on one occasion  i stalled the bike on a particullary steep dirt downhill.
When i think about it i can also remember the back wheel briefly locking on bitumen too.
I would have thought there would be a noticeable reaction in the brake lever when you lock the brake  like happens in a car?
i come from riding dirt bikes so i have a habit of using plenty of back brake .Not always ideal i realise when riding on the bitumen.
Can any one throw any light  on this occurrence .
Its not as if its a big problem but just a matter of interest.
Cheers
Alan   
Life is too short to ride s...t bikes

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Rear Brake ABS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
I have ridden down gravel surfaced hills on my ABS bike and I can tell you the ABS will pulse the rear brake if you lock the rear wheel with the pedal. That is what it is supposed to do. Let the wheel turn a bit to regain traction. It is very unnerving the first time one experiences it. Being able to turn the ABS off under those conditions is not a bad idea in my view. 

Recent Topics

winded-staunch