Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: French speeding fine question  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Squirrelly

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Re: French speeding fine question
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
I've just paid it online by credit card. 
It works out at 38 quid.

It's easy to just say f@ck 'em if the ticket isn't yours but the qualified legal experts say pay it as they WILL chase and get you for an ever-increasing amount if you don't.     Feeling lucky punk....?

The one thing I've found out is not to exceed any speed limit by more than 20kph or the fine is considerably more than 45e.
For instance,  French autoroute limit = 130kph.  Get caught at anything over 155kph (they give you 5kph grace)
and you pay way more than a 'paltry' 45e.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Squirrelly

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 09:15:12 PM »

It was 6 AM one morning in July 2011 when I was 8 years younger and a good 2 stones lighter.
I was cycling a push bike up Mont Ventoux from Bedouin and I was still in the forest nearing Chalet Reynard when I heard the sound in the distance.  It sounded like a bunch of TT racers wringing the necks of their bikes.  The noise got closer and louder until a mixture of exhaustion, fear and self preservation had me leaping off the bike on to the rocky verge.

The screaming first car was a Ferrari followed by Porsche, Lotus, Audi R8,  Lamborghini and repeat...
There must have been at least 20 of them driving like utter and absolute tw@ts.  Not one of them had a front number plate but looking at their plates from the rear they were all Brits.  A bunch of rich petrol heads out tear-arsing up a mountain at 6 'o clock in the morning sans front number plates...  They knew the Gendarmes were still rubbing le sleep from their eyes at that hour of the day and that French cameras were front facing

France used to be a playground for us bikers too but not so much anymore, they have non-union speed cameras that flash you from behind, work for minimum wage 24/7 and unlike us fair minded Brits they hide them behind trees, signposts and bridge parapets with no warnings.   
Don't be surprised when the par avion letter arrives on your door mat.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:23:56 PM by Squirrelly »

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »
Me & missus rode up Mont Ventoux from  Beduoin on our ST955, us & around a 100 cyclists saluting Tommy's shrine, old boys in overstretched lycra having a great time at the top holding their bikes in the air under the Mont Ventoux sign.

Worst bit was erecting the tent in that wind.

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »
I tried to pay mine today (car did it!) But wouldnt accept credit card and said go to bank.....at least iys not points .

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by steve@lincs [+]
I tried to pay mine today (car did it!) But wouldnt accept credit card and said go to bank.....at least iys not points .

I paid online by Bank transfer, no probs, they gave the account, sort code & ref number to use.

Offline Squirrelly

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 10:23:21 AM »

My credit card was accepted ok?

As long as you enter the offence number (remote payment number) and key from the bottom of the orange payment notice sheet and your credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is valid it should work on the link below.

https://www.amendes.gouv.fr/tai

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
 Thanks squirrelly and paulhere, I filled in the online bit and entered all the credit card details,  so when I was waiting for a ' sucessfully completed' message it just said error.   Ill wait to see if its on the card before paying again!
Interestingly, I was doing 98 in a 90 limit. They say the used speed is 93 (98 - 5kph)  but the explanation on the back said its calculated by speed -5 kph, -5% so by rights that should bring it below the 90 limit.   But Im just going to pay, rather than contest.......though it was my wifes car I was driving....?!

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2019, 03:41:45 PM »
Thanks squirrelly and paulhere, I filled in the online bit and entered all the credit card details,  so when I was waiting for a ' sucessfully completed' message it just said error.   Ill wait to see if its on the card before paying again!
Interestingly, I was doing 98 in a 90 limit. They say the used speed is 93 (98 - 5kph)  but the explanation on the back said its calculated by speed -5 kph, -5% so by rights that should bring it below the 90 limit.   But Im just going to pay, rather than contest.......though it was my wifes car I was driving....?!

Presumably they mean actual speed -5kph, so that is the same as the used speed, the 5kph being your bonus amount (like the 10% plus 2mph used in the UK but less generous). Otherwise they'd be taking 5kph off twice.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Shootfighter65

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2017 800 XRX low
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2019, 08:44:28 PM »
Im taking Mt tiger from the states and running a US plate.....whats the chance of the bill ever getting to me? If I get pulled over can I pay the fine by the side of the road?

Recent Topics