Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Resetting service interval distance on 2018 model  (Read 1038 times)

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Resetting service interval distance on 2018 model
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:31:38 AM »
After I first changed the oil on my XCx I used the TFT display home screen 'bike settings' 'service' interval 'custom time' to reset the service distance and service time for the next upcoming service. (wrench display). It worked.
Yesterday I did another oil change and went to once again reset to a new distance and time interval. This time only the time interval could be changed, but not the distance interval.  It would not change.  Any 2018 owners have this problem? Can you change your distance interval setting?

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Resetting service interval distance on 2018 model
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
If you stop riding it you would not need to adjust things.  :001:

(Maybe it won't let you change the details of services that require a valve check.)

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 05:52:41 AM »
Another try on this question, didn't get any useful feedback last time.....Has anyone been able to change the service interval distance setting using the TFT 'Bike Setup-Service-(distance) selecton? I can change time but not distance using my TFT.
Wondering whether this feature works as stated in the instruction book.

Offline Peeking Turtle

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2019 XRT
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 06:57:12 AM »
I'm pretty new to this forum and I noticed you didn't get a response to your question.  Weird, since it's an easy fix.  I know it's been a while and you might've found a solution, but here goes.  The service calendar can be reset through the TFT, but not the service mileage.  The only way to reset that is by taking it to a dealer to have them reset it for a stupid amount, or do it yourself with a PC or android app and a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter.
I'm brand spanking new to the Triumph owner clan.  I just did my 500 mile service this week and I reset the service mileage with:

1. BAFX OBD2 Scanner and Reader Tool (Bluetooth OBD2 adapter)
 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. TuneECU app for Android
https://tuneecu.net/

I don't know if you have an android device, but if you don't you can pick an older/used one up for cheap.  I spent a total of $28 for the TuneECU app and BAFX OBD2 Scanner.  I have an android phone.  And I did a mileage reset after doing the maintenance myself.  I hope this didn't come too late.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 10:07:35 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I have used the Dealertool to change the distance setting, but you have answered the question I was really after.
 That is, the TFT bike setting selection for distance interval doesn't work as advertised. At least not on your bike or on mine!

Recent Topics