Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What security devices?  (Read 439 times)

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
What security devices?
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
Hi, We are again doing annual compare the Meerkat, I keep getting asked what security devises do I have on my Tiger, all I keep telling them is the ones it came from the factory with but can anyone tell me exactly what they are. Im sure there must be some kind of immobiliser, but is there any audible alarm. All I can see is a red light on the dash.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: What security devices?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 08:24:43 PM »
Immobiliser is standard, alarm is not - Also they count data tag as a security device and curiously despite my protestations Hastings decided it counted as an alarm!
The safe answer is immobiliser though I would say.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »
As Shergar says.  Immobilisor is standard from factory.  Triumph alarm is an optional accessory which is Thatcham approved.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »
remember, if you tell them you have a security chain and lock or disc lock and then the bike is stolen outside a shop of filling station where you have not used them, then they might not pay out......

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »
OK Lads thanks for the replies, Ive sorted it out now, I had quotes ranging from 777 down to (the one I accepted) 145. Never understand the insurance game they just appear to pluck numbers out of thin air. I was with Bennetts last time they wanted to double there price from 245 last year to 485 this year, so Ive gone with Bikesure, just need to find a recovery company and Ill be done.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch