Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heidenau k60s or Avon Trailrider  (Read 177 times)

Offline SJW

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Heidenau k60s or Avon Trailrider
« on: March 30, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
... really sorry, I know this goes round and round  :008: (no pun intended)

'14 plate 800 roadie, moving to Austria, so would like to do some tracks but also a fair bit of touring, not fast rider and recently back after 25 year break.

..... so which tyre?

:417:
No experience is ever wasted.

Offline Scruffy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XC
Re: Heidenau k60s or Avon Trailrider
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:47:45 PM »
Never tried the Avons but have taken the Heidenau K60s to Kyrgyzstan from the UK. I did a huge amount of research on various forums and decided on the Heidenaus. They last forever, perfectly adequate on the road and can handle the odd trail. A very flexible and good value tyre.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
Personally I would go with the Avon.  It will inspire more confidence than the K60's on the road as the Avon won't squirm around like the K60.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »
Had the Heidenaus. Hate them. They last a long time but they go off and become a very ordinary tyre that has too much treed left to throw away and too little enjoyment to want to ride with.
IMO the Avons are about 500 times better.
If you are looking that the K60 Hiedenau the equivalent on the Avon is probably the Trekrider. The Trailrider is more like the more road board Hiedenau (k76?).

Recent Topics

winded-staunch