Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mobile alarm fitters London  (Read 461 times)

Offline neil_b

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
Mobile alarm fitters London
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »
Hi,

can anyone recommend a mobile alarm fitter in either South East or West London?

Cheers

Neil

Offline viince

• Tiger Master
  • what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
  • Bike: tiger 800
Re: Mobile alarm fitters London
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »
Can i ask what and why as depending on which alarm ,
If it is a Triumph alarm they are plug and play. Also i have a phone number of a datatool  autherised fitter.
Cheers vince

Offline neil_b

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
Hi Vince,

an alarm is the one thing missing from my new (to me) 800 XRX. I've had datatools on the last couple of bikes I've owned and never had a problem, so would like another one.

There's at least one local fitter, I could take it too, but if it's not too pricey to get a mobile fitter it might save wasting half a Saturday.

Neil

Offline neil_b

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »
How easy is the plug and play thing then? If I need to start cutting & shutting wires or bodywork then I'm out, otherwise I might be interested...

Offline viince

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »
Providing you get a triumph data tool alarm it realy is easy to fit i fitted an alarm to my 800 tiger myself had a fitter commision it, when i sold it i removed the alarm and fitted it to my bonneville scrambler just needed the bonneville fitting kit, providing the alarm is less than 2 years old it will be the updated one as some earlier ones were recalled, all triumph alarms are the same alarm with a different fitting kit,
My alarm part  number was A9808091 if you go to https://www.triumphinstructions.com and enter this it will display the fitting instruction for my alarm, i think it is simular for other models, no real need to have a fitter commision, depending wher you live if you get stuck i could help if needed i am in rayleigh essex cheers vince

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 10:32:08 PM »
The triumph alarm is complete plug and play - there is a connector under the seat with a plug- remove the plug and the alarm goes in.
I believe that you are supposed to return the blank to register the alarm
Here's a link to the install instructions that should help
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9808091-US.pdf

There are also some others - Hawk for example - who provide a triumph specific loom to make their alarms plug and play
https://www.hawkcaralarm.com/catalog/x-50-triumph-motorcycle-alarms-immobiliser

Hope that helps

Stuart

Offline viince

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
Fowlers do model specific alarms
https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browse
Get your part number here and check instruction on triumpn web site

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 11:04:33 PM »
A word of caution, if you are spending (300) on a new Triumph/Datatool then from a warranty point it has to be fitted by a professional installer and paperwork and blank plug returned to Datatool.
So while the fitting instructions are readily available they are really guidence for the professional installer so you will see reference to text such as page 2, 'ensure customer is made aware' and last page about ensuring certain details are entered on the customers copy of the paperwork.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:06:18 PM by Stevie.P »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline viince

• Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
A word of caution, if you are spending (300) on a new Triumph/Datatool then from a warranty point it has to be fitted by a professional installer and paperwork and blank plug returned to Datatool.
So while the fitting instructions are readily available they are really guidence for the professional installer so you will see reference to text such as page 2, 'ensure customer is made aware' and last page about ensuring certain details are entered on the customers copy of the paperwork.
Thats the only problem, insurance companies like te see the paperwork also, the fitter i use, checks its fitted correctly and conmisions it and signs paper work under 40.00. And i didn'dt give the blanking plug back as ypu never know if you are going to need it in an emergency cheers vince

Offline neil_b

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »
Thanks all, the DIY X50 looks doable, think I'll order one and give it a go :)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch