Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What's this?  (Read 397 times)

Offline mikegml

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 2011
What's this?
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »
I'm guessing it's for the optional Alarm?  I'm looking for a 12v switched feed for my LED spots I'm fitting (only 0.75 amp draw the pair)  There are two 12v switched connectors in this block I could use.

Offline Crow

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: What's this?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
Hi, Yes it is for the alarm. I took the power for my LED lights from the horn. One for the wires is live when the ignition is on. Lots of people on here have used that wire.   :031:

Offline mikegml

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
I wasn't getting a good connection from the horn for some reason even tho' the horn works fine so thought screw that. So ran the twin cable down the left side behind the loom running along the inner frame. Took earth direct from the battery, having done that it made sense to take a live from around that area. So unless someone has a good reason why not I'll tap into the alarm connector.

The other half of the alarm block removed in the photo has 4 terminals and I assume disables the alarm when connected.  None of those 4 terminals is one of the switched live's so I assume I won't interfere with the alarm.

Gotta say the XR is the easiest bike I've ever worked on, and I've had loads. Pleasure to work on .

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 07:37:17 AM »
Yup, that's correct
Carry on with your farkling
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch