Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Faulty Datatool S4 or blown fuse ?  (Read 198 times)

Offline nick2018

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
Faulty Datatool S4 or blown fuse ?
« on: April 13, 2019, 10:31:56 PM »
So, Went to go for a ride on my 2018 xca today, disarmed datatool with fob, turned ignition on, all good but left too long in drive with ignition on and drained battery so wouldn't crank. put it on charge for ten minutes or so (which I did in winter period and all was fine) then tried again. No flashes from indicators and alarm going off every time I turn key in ignition. coupled with series of 5 beeps , then 3 beeps as I am putting it back in garage.
Put battery on charge for a few hours till fully charged. Datatool arming and disarming ok, day headlamps on but no dash screen and won't crank over.
Could it just be a fuse ? Will check tomorrow, but if it's a fuse why did it blow ? Or could it be a faulty Datatool S4 ?

Anyone else experience this ?

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Faulty Datatool S4 or blown fuse ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:35:16 PM »
Not sure if you could have a battery issue for starters? Again, as recently for another member, a starting issue and alarm issues with a Triumph Datatool system.
I would (temporary) disconnect the alarm, you will need to short 4 pins on the bike harness with 2 short pieces of wire of acquire/borrow an official blank.

Take a read of this recent thread for over view, not all relevant mind.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,25883.0.html

I think your alarm based on bike age will be well beyond the recall range if it is the culprit.
https://www.datatool.co.uk/safetyrecalls4/
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline nick2018

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »
Thanks Stevie.P,
It has to be the battery or datatool as all the fuses are ok, although I could not find the solenoid fuse.
It just seems strange that there is enough charge to power the day headlamps and brake lights but nothing else, not even the horn.

Either way I don't think it's acceptable for the battery or datatool to fail on a 12 month old bike.

Offline Johnnys triumph

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
It does sound suspiciously like my issue with the alarm but as Stevie.P says that there was a recall on datatool alarm back end of 2013-early 2015. Mine is a 2014. Same again, short the pins to take alarm out of circuit, if that sorts it, get in touch with datatool.
The large print giveth, the small print take the away

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »
If you turn the key in the ignition, setting off the alarm, then, with the ignition still switched on, press the grey button, what happens?
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Recent Topics

winded-staunch