Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Off road on an XRX  (Read 515 times)

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Off road on an XRX
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 09:13:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by me0u01c1 [+]
How capable is an XRX off tarmac on road tires (scorpions)? There is a couple of steep metalled green lanes by me that I can easily deal with on my DT125 on knackered knobblies but any ideas on the tiger? I'd like to have a go on it but I don't fancy picking it up if I drop it nor try to push it up the hill if the tyres won't grip. They're not muddy, certainly not at the moment, just rough.

I know I could use the 125, but it's about as reliable as something very unreliable and don't fancy spending an hour getting the bugger to start when I only want to have a short blast.

Bit confusing. I've been trail-riding some 35 years. A metalled road to me is a hard surfaced road. A green lane or trail is an unsurfaced road known as a BOAT (Byway open to all traffic) in the UK.

If the trail is like this, you'll likely trash your XR

If like this, the XR will be fine.

A DT125 should be capable of tackling anything, make sense to use that, it's made for abuse. If it's unreliable, that's down to you to fix it.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »
I wouldn't think twice about riding either of those on a XRX. I probably would not deliberately pick picture one as a route but if that was between me and where I was going then I would proceed.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 10:09:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I wouldn't think twice about riding either of those on a XRX. I probably would not deliberately pick picture one as a route but if that was between me and where I was going then I would proceed.

Yes, difficult to answer when somebody asks "can I ride trail on a Tiger" eh.
There is a lot more testing than that in the PDNP but that certainly bounces me & my old '95 Serow about. Take a tumble on that and there's no soft landing.

Not as bad as this one. The boy coming down is on a big KTM, a 1090 IIRC

Mind, some of the boys down the pub have ridden harder trails on a Harley Fat Boy. Easy Peasy!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:09:18 AM by Paulhere »
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics