Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Barrel Lock Question  (Read 318 times)

Offline Cumbria_Paul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Barrel Lock Question
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:04:54 PM »
I bought a secondhand TopBox today (Thanks Hugo!) which didnt have a barrel lock but when we tried to use the spare ones I have (pack of three) they didnt match my key that operates ignition, seat and two existing panniers! We surmised as there was three they were not the original spares as you would of expected there to be only one. We tried one in the lock just in case and although it fitted it didnt work, no surprise. So I have 3 locks with no matching key and must be missing the original spare. So question is can I get a replacement barrel lock to match my key or can I do something with the non fitting ones to make them work? Im in middle of NC500 at moment as well!
Mid life crisis? Nah just the usual lifelong one :)

Offline Brazilian

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Triumph XRT 800
Re: Barrel Lock Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »

Offline Cumbria_Paul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Re: Barrel Lock Question "SORTED" & SOLUTION"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »
SORTED and for those who ever have similar situation or just want to use a secondhand barrel with your original key. All you need do is put your key into the barrel, hold it all the way in and file off the prongs that stick up until they are flush with the barrel. NOTE: Don't file off the end prong (the one on it's own) as this holds the barrel in place in the lock!
Mid life crisis? Nah just the usual lifelong one :)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch