Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2016 Tiger XRX won’t start  (Read 433 times)

Offline Ross63

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2016 Xrx 800
2016 Tiger XRX won’t start
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:26:25 PM »
Got my 2016 XRX out today and turned the key, the rev counter went round and back again, pulled in the clutch pressed the starter and nothing. Flipped the kill switch on and off and heard the fuel pump each time and nothing. Turned the key on and off a few times and nothing. Swung the kick stand up and down and nothing. This went on for 5 minutes and then it started. Switched it off and tried to start again and nothing. Minutes later it started and has been fine for the rest of the day. It did this last summer but it has been fine since. I do not have a spare key so that was not close by. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: 2016 Tiger XRX won’t start
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:11:26 AM »
 From your description I take it the problem was no action from the starter motor.
If so, suspect starter solenoid and connections including wiring to the solenoid coil, and then high currect wiring connections at the motor and battery.
Simple stuff first. Wirebrush the high current conectors in case there is any corrosion.
Let us know what you find.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:04 AM »
Yes, my first check would be battery connections.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Oldbear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XRT
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 12:07:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Yes, my first check would be battery connections.
Yup-even a bit of corrosion on the battery terminals can cause you this sort of issue

Recent Topics

winded-staunch