Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Luggage woes  (Read 407 times)

Offline veetwin

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2014 800 xc
Luggage woes
« on: April 22, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »
Good morning all, I have recently acquired a 2014 Tiger 800 XC ABS.  It came with a Triumph Explorer top box.  I separately acquired a second had set of Triumph Expedition panniers and top box which came with the pannier rack but not the top plate. They were originally fitted to a 2015 XRx.  I fitted the pannier rack with some fettling so all good there.

The issue is with the top plate.  I ordered one from Triumph in Dublin who assured me it would fit my bike.  Part No A2353434.  I tried fitting it yesterday but maybe it's my lack of engineering skills but I failed miserably and think it doesn't actually fit the bike.  Googling the part number returns some conflicting information with some suggesting that this part would not fit the bike.

Has anyone any thoughts/experiences?

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Luggage woes
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »
Hi, did you have the proper instructions to follow? ...

If you don't .
The instructions indicate XC model but don't actually indicate which generation(s) of Tiger, the instructions print/release date of 2015 possibly indicating for gen 2 bikes? Maybe someone has an earlier version of the same fitting instructions?

A google search only brought up this 2018 (16 page) Tiger/Explorer version
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A2353434-EN.pdf

but I have a copy of the 2015 (10 page) Tiger only version I could email you if you pm me an email address. I haven't compared the 2 versions but probably exactly the same.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline veetwin

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:45:54 AM »
Thanks Stevie, PM sent. No I had no instructions so that may be the problem but I still have my doubts that it will fit.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:59:03 AM »
Sent and hopefully arrived.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline veetwin

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
Thanks Stevie

Offline Johnjo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 xrt
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »
veetwin, if it helps check out triumphinstructions.com

Put your part number in the search box for comprehensive fitting instructions . I think it will list the models numbers the part will fit too.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch