Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Updated Pictures. Tiger 800 XRX - Caspian Blue, 15 Plate.  (Read 818 times)

Offline AshGambit

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Updated Pictures. Tiger 800 XRX - Caspian Blue, 15 Plate.
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:58:03 AM »
Update in latest post.

Due to a baby on the way, I have to make room (and money).

My XRx will be going up for sale. It has just over 13k on the clocks, 12k service done at Youles. Brand new set of Metzeler Tourance on last week and MOT'd.

Has a MRA Vario screen, the original was rubbish but this one has been fantastic and has lots of room for adjustment to suit. Scorpion end can, looks and sounds great. Bar risers which improved the seating position of the bike massively. Front mudguard extender. Has soft luggage racks and SW Motech Dakar panniers, these are fantastic, very roomy and never let water in on some very wet excursions to Scotland. Had a new chain and sprockets not long ago, can't have done more than a couple of hundred miles.

Couple of small bits. The pillion seat has a small gash on from a stone being stuck in passengers boot that scraped at they got off. Little bit of paint scratched off on left side of engine.

Looking for 6000. No finance outstanding on the bike. I'm the first and only owner. Bike is in Bury, Greater Manchester. Will upload some more detailed photos once the sun comes back out and I've given the bike a good clean.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:15:06 PM by AshGambit »

Offline AshGambit

• Tiger Pro
Re: Tiger 800 XRX - Caspian Blue, 15 Plate.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 01:32:41 PM »
Had some time today so updated pictures and advert.

Due to starting a family I've got to sell my bike to free up funds and space. Apparently I might be able to have another one age 50... Couldn't get a confirmation as to whether this was my age or the child.

The bike is located in Bury, Greater Manchester.

It's a 15 plate Caspian Blue Triumph Tiger 800 XRx. So has comfort gel seats, computer with rider modes, traction control, abs, cruise control, auto cancel indicators etc. Has an MRA Vario screen, completely removed wind buffering for me. Scorpion stainless end-can, looks and sounds great, weighs a lot less than the original! SW Motech Dakar soft panniers, these have been the most versatile panniers I've ever owned, can tuck in really neat when not much in but so much room if you expand them. It has a rear rack too, currently has a plate for a box on it but the box was rubbish. The plate underneath lets you fit any top box plate of your choice.

I tried to take decent photos representing the bike, so you can see the good and a couple of little bits that could be sorted but it's great as is. Little tear in pillion seat where a stone caught in a boot made a little rip in the cover. Small bit of engine paint rubbed off.

Was bought at Youles in Blackburn and has been serviced there, included the expensive 12000 mile service. Just had new tyres and chain plus sprockets less than 1k ago. I'm the first and only owner, have all keys, paperwork, pannier lock barrels etc.

Looking for around 6000 ONO, any questions let me know. Mileage is 13,600 but may go up a little as I use it to get to work when the weather permits.

Offline hoggyf

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 roadie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
Tempt you to a part ex against 2011 roadie with 30k and money your way?

Offline AshGambit

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
Hm, at the minute it's a no, because that's what I've been told 😂. I don't want to be bike-less though. What colour is the bike, service history etc? And how much cash were you thinking?

Offline hoggyf

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:32 PM »
it's 2011, white with beak, top box, panniers (but might want to keep them) 30k miles with full history but it is coming due for a 6k service. Looking for 3500.00

Offline AshGambit

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:14 PM »
I'll bare it in mind, I think we would be able to come to a deal if I keep my scorpion exhaust and panniers and you keep your boxes. I'll speak with the boss and see what she says.

Offline hoggyf

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 07:58:52 PM »
 Forgot that mines already got a fuel can on it,  about 18months ago

Offline AshGambit

• Tiger Pro
Re: Updated Pictures. Tiger 800 XRX - Caspian Blue, 15 Plate.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 08:19:25 PM »
Hi guys, I got time to really strip the bike down and give it a proper clean today.

I don't think the pictures were favourable to the bike and due to me not making a proper effort cleaning it didn't reflect the true condition of the bike.

It's always been treated with ACF 50 so just needed a good scrub to shine.

The chain and sprockets were changed early because I got a tight spot in the chain and thought it best to just replace them than remove the link.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch