Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi, David from Macclesfield  (Read 334 times)

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XR800
Hi, David from Macclesfield
« on: May 15, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »
Hi picked up a bog standard single owner 61 reg Tiger XR. Very happy with it. But the fettling starts here....

I would like to use my old samsung phone with a satnav app mounted above my dash. I note that tomtom do a bracket that fixes to the top screen brace and the tomtom mount is fitted to the top. However, i am having a mare of a time identifying a mobile phone mount that does similar. Plenty that fix on mirrors or on handlebars, but i don't want to be looking down to navigate.

Has anyone done this already? can't believe that i'm breaking new ground here. I've browsed the forum and can't easily find any guidance on over dash mobile mounting.

Help most appreciated.

Thanks. David aka Johannes

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: Hi, David from Macclesfield
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »
Hello and  :401:
It wasn't me !!

Offline kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »
Hi bud  :401:

Offline TAStiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 xrt
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »
Hi and Welcome
Ive just got a phone holder off ebay works for me at $50 au 

mkTASTIGER
theirs only 3 speeds fast . faster and ooo sh*t

Online Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 12:53:18 PM »
I was born in Macc a bit over 60 years ago and now live just the other side of Jodrell Bank.

Technically, no you haven't got a 61 plate XR, the early, first generation 800's were XC and "Roadie", the road model didn't have the XR designation proper until the second generation introduced in 2015, so if you search for stuff for an XR people will assume you have either a second, or third (introduced 2018) generation bike.

Do a search on here for satnav mountings for the earlier models, it was common to attach a RAM ball mount to the screen mount behind the clocks, then use RAM fittings to adapt to whatever phone/ satnav you want  :028:

Give me a shout by PM if you want to meet up in Macc and I'll show you how to fit the RAM Mounts, if you're planning using your phone and Google Maps then that's fine around town, etc, but some parts of the Peak District and Lakes don't get a good (or any) phone signal, that's why people use GPS  :017:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »
Hi and :401:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Stelyn

• Tiger Master
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »

:400: ............. :031:
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline skinneroo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger road
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »
Hi David,

Try the' ultimate add ons' website. I have the mount fitted over the clocks.

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XR800
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 09:51:24 PM »
Thanks all for your responses. Dilbert i may well contact you if i struggle or for a meet! :152:

I did call ultimate addons and spoke to a guy, he just said the had the yoke or mirror mounts. I explained what i was looking for. He said that they didn't have it!!

Offline skinneroo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger road
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 08:25:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Johannes [+]
Thanks all for your responses. Dilbert i may well contact you if i struggle or for a meet! :152:

I did call ultimate addons and spoke to a guy, he just said the had the yoke or mirror mounts. I explained what i was looking for. He said that they didn't have it!!

I wasn't very specific on my original post, apologies.
What I have is the Tomtom 1" ball mount situated behind the clocks, with a 3" extension arm. Onto this fits the ultimate add ons case with their 1" ball adapter.
https://ultimateaddons.com/collections/samsung-galaxy-tough-cases/products/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-tough-waterproof-case?variant=13283248537667
Will try and post  a photo later.

Recent Topics