Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Idle Stepper Motor Linkage?  (Read 568 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Idle Stepper Motor Linkage?
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
...you might consider putting in one of the many fuel additives one time to mix and purge any residual water.
Doesn't cost much.
All of the gasoline I use contains up-to 10% alcohol -- so, the stuff to get rid of H2O is already mixed-in.
But -- thinking along the fuel problem: Things that can shut-off the fuel pump could be the fuel pump relay and the tip-over sensor. 2 things I'm certainly going to give a close visual inspection / cleaning.
Since there was no MIL light / code set -- there was no "limp home" operation either. Narrowing the diagnosis to a physical component would be preferable to me -- if possible?
Bikers around here go on rides and are followed by a "trouble truck" -- I don't want that...  :006:   :191:
"I've a fine felt hat and a strong pair of brogues
and I've rosin in my pocket for my bow.
My fiddle strings are new and I've learned a tune or two
and I'm well prepared to ramble I must go."
Tommy Makem

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 08:27:04 PM »
Addendum to ^^^: I once rode an early Kawi Concours (GT1000) for many years & miles and one of the few things that went wrong with the bike was a bad electrical relay. The Concours had all its relays encapsulated in what was called an "E-box" -- and, eventually, a relay would quit working (contacts burnished, ?) - requiring E-box replacement.
(of course, being carb'd, it didn't have a fuel pump to shut-off -- it would just run poorly if the wrong relay quit...)
I plan to give the Tiger's fuel pump relay a good examination and, if in doubt, replace.
Tommy Makem

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 12:10:14 AM »
I recently had fuel pressure problems on my CB1300 with 142,000 km on the clock. Finally located the reason, the in-tank  "non-replaceable"  fuel filter was almost completely blocked. Honda only supply as a spare, an entire fuel pump assembly including motor and filters. Like many new fuel injected cars, the fuel filter is in the tank. With the new filter, my fuel rail pressure is now the required 50psi as compared to the dirty filter's 42psi. Makes all the difference in running.
(A close look at the dirty filter shows very fine particles of brown dust, most likely residue from service station in-ground tanks.)
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 03:38:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
I recently had fuel pressure problems on my CB1300 with 142,000 km on the clock. Finally located the reason, the in-tank  "non-replaceable"  fuel filter was almost completely blocked.
With the new filter, ... Makes all the difference in running.
What were the problems in running symptoms?
Tommy Makem

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 01:55:53 PM »
An irregular hesitation while trying to ride a a constant speed. It had the kind of feeling you experience if a sparkplug is misfiring or there is a blockage in the fuel injector. And more difficult to start. As soon as the new pump/filter went in all the problems went away.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Recent Topics