Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED Indicators  (Read 2293 times)

Offline YellowTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: LED Indicators
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
From memory the relay for the indicators on the pre 2015 Tigers is located in the space under the luggage rack immediately in front of the tail light. Post 2015 Tigers do not have a flasher relay it is controlled by the ECU in the dash console.

This was correct for my bike, and after taking the luggage rack off and disconnecting the relay, it was very obvious what needed to be done. I created a jumper between the two points and the lights are working as expected now. Thanks

Offline YellowTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 07:48:39 AM »
Thanks everyone. I did manage to get them fully working, and it was exactly as you have all said. Simply take off the back box, pull the relay and put a jumper across the connector's two wires. Job done. :046: :046:

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »
so in summary, I think what you have found is that the LEDs have their own built in flasher circuitry and don't need the single flasher unit originally on the bike.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 06:42:27 PM »
Post 2015 Tigers do not have a flasher relay it is controlled by the ECU in the dash console.

Is there anyway you can change the ECU to stop the "hyper flash" ?

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]
Post 2015 Tigers do not have a flasher relay it is controlled by the ECU in the dash console.

What indicators are you using that causes your bike to "hyper flash"?
Do they have a built in flasher similar to the type discussed in the previous posts, or just straight LEDs?

Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 01:03:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]

I just used 15ohm resistors one on each side of the bike. They have worked perfectly for 4 years and 40,000 km so far.

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 05:27:53 AM »
I have an issue related to this topic. After installing the new front LED indicators they worked except for the hyper flash speed.
 Then proceeded to the rear and now both front and rear aren't lighting. I then added a resistor to the wiring and still no lights.
The bike is a 2017 XRX and the directionals are the sequential types. Additionally, If I hold the directional button/lever the first few LED's stay lighted.
Any suggestions?

Chico

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 10:35:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
...new front LED indicators...bike is a 2017 XRX and the directionals are the sequential types.
Additionally, If I hold the directional button/lever the first few LED's stay lighted.
Any suggestions?
I think this has been discussed elsewhere, previously?
I think the determination was: sequential LED turn signals need a constant 12V applied to work properly and can work on early T800s by removing and jumpering the flasher.
Later T800s get an on-off, flashing, 12V from the ECU (no separate 'flasher') -- it might not be possible?
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 04:59:59 AM »
Well, I went back to do more tinkering today. While deliberating overnight I had a thought that perhaps what was needed was a resistor for each signal. So I added one to the other side of the rear. Still no good. Then I added a resistor to the right front and they all worked. :047: To summarize, it took three resistors to make all the directioals work properly, flashing sequentially.👍

Chico

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 07:46:43 AM »
The fact of having several resistors in series increases the impedance.

Putting them in parallel, on the contrary, lowers this value !!

To switch from original turn signals to leds, I added a resistor per side with a value of about 10 Ohms, and perfect operation.

Recent Topics