Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Scottoiler Chain Motorcycle V System Triumph Tiger 800 Xrx 2018

(1/4) > >>

Ponch101:
Hi All,
My question is, has anyone fitted a Scottoiler Chain Motorcycle V System to there bike and is it worth putting one on.
 Many Thanks for looking. Ponch101

lanerider:
have a look at at a cobrra oiler its very good and easy to fit and use

Silverstripes:
I have the X system on my 2018 XRT. The V system uses vacuum from the inlet manifold to operate. I don't think you can fit this to the 2018 on model. I went for the X as it's electronic and has a pump. The benefit is that it operates the same on all temperatures. I have a V on my old Tiger 955i and it poured out in the summer and hardly delivered in the winter due to oil viscosity.

The X performs well in any temperature so far. Easy install just wire to the battery. The unit senses from vibration when the bike is running and switches on. Press button to control flow and its adjustable.

Works for me  :031:

Johnjo:

+1 for the Cobrra oiler. Had scottoilers in the past but much prefer the Cobrra. Works via pressure and not vacuum.

tcbandituk:
Originally Posted by Silverstripes I have the X system on my 2018 XRT. The V system uses vacuum from the inlet manifold to operate. I don't think you can fit this to the 2018 on model.

Just had a V system installed on my late 2018 XRt with no problem.  :016:

Got the Tiger specific model cheap  :002:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version