Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Increase in service cost  (Read 747 times)

Offline Trawets

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 XRx
Re: Increase in service cost
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:25 AM »
Got my 6k service last week (2018 XRx) at Bill Smiths Chester, 183 but would have been another 50 if the throttle bodies needed balancing. However, they did say that the 12k service was 550 plus another 125 if the shims need adjusting etc. etc., and should allow up to 800 for everything. The bike will be out of warranty by then so I will be servicing it myself from now on.

Offline coddy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
I don't understand why people have their bikes serviced at a dealers, the warranty is still valid if you have a service at a independent bike shop (as long as they use Triumph recommended parts) and the labour charges is much lower.

Offline Trawets

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 12:43:58 PM »
[I don't understand why people have their bikes serviced at a dealers, the warranty is still valid if you have a service at a independent bike shop (as long as they use Triumph recommended parts) and the labour charges is much lower.]

Agreed, but my thought was, at 183 with a dealer using genuine parts at 49.80 plus vat and labour 103.30 plus vat l didnt think an independent would have been much cheaper and no hassle for the 12 months of remaining warranty.

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
$300 AUD for 1year/10,000k service April just gone - 2018 XCA.
Ride to work. Work to ride

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 05:16:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
I don't understand why people have their bikes serviced at a dealers, the warranty is still valid if you have a service at a independent bike shop (as long as they use Triumph recommended parts) and the labour charges is much lower.

That's certainly the case with cars but you may find it a bit more difficult with motorcycles
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
That's certainly the case with cars but you may find it a bit more difficult with motorcycles

One of the main reasons to stick with the dealer is in the event of a warranty claim. If you have the bike serviced outside the dealer network, why would you expect them to go into bat for you with Triumph. Especially when warranty work may well cost the dealer money to implement. After a while that reason goes away as its less likely to get sanctioned by Triumph.

FWIW I had an out of warranty good will repair, and that was pre cleared with Triumph by Staffs Tri before my bike arrived at their workshop.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »
agreed and that's the only reason I use main dealer while still in warranty.

Recent Topics