Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Annoying front Rattle  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
Re: Annoying front Rattle
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »
Well time had moved on but the problem still persists I have changed the front tyre for a Bridgestone battex A41 but still the noise  persists. Its now over 12 months since I posted the problem and still no answer. The only thing I can do to stop the noise completely is to remove the mudguard from the bike and everything is quiet. So its definitely the mudguard thats causing the noise but god knows why or how to cure it.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pockets [+]
Well time had moved on but the problem still persists I have changed the front tyre for a Bridgestone battex A41 but still the noise  persists. Its now over 12 months since I posted the problem and still no answer. The only thing I can do to stop the noise completely is to remove the mudguard from the bike and everything is quiet. So its definitely the mudguard thats causing the noise but god knows why or how to cure it.

Are all the brake line clips okay and the lines firmly attached ? that's the only thing I can
see making noise if left unfixed.

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
Yes mate done all that, replaced the brake pipe clips, replaced the mushroom clips together with the folk protectors and the four bolts that hold it all on. There is nothing else except the mudguard I havent replaced.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
Yes mate done all that, replaced the brake pipe clips, replaced the mushroom clips together with the folk protectors and the four bolts that hold it all on. There is nothing else except the mudguard I havent replaced.

What about some bad plastic sizing around the screws, because the screws have this step to
avoid crushing and cracking the plastics. Maybe the plastic part is not the correct thickness
to match the screw (thinner), try to measure parts.

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 10:53:55 PM »
Ive done something similar, removed the fork protectors and used new bolts and washers (without the protectors) no difference, so now Im toying with the idea of sticking sound deadening strips to the inside of the mudguard (about 3mil thick) to see if it makes a difference (until it rains) if it works find a more permanent fixing. Who knows.

Offline Baetech

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800XRt
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 05:51:02 PM »
Are you sure is not the tensioner ????

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 06:04:53 PM »
Dont know anything about a tensioner? Were is it? Never heard of one (or two) were should I look?

Offline Baetech

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800XRt
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
Dont know anything about a tensioner? Were is it? Never heard of one (or two) were should I look?

Very easy to fix, remove the yellow bolts and insert the new one, these are typically 100$$ bucks or so, usually go bad every 40000 in the 800's , , if the rattling goes away when cold or after few accelerations then is your tensioner for sure, also, does happen more often when warm !? then is your tensioner...    need more info ?

Offline Pockets

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 06:41:58 PM »
Thanks for that Bud but its not related to the engine, all the noise is coming from the front mudguard, it appears to be amplifying any noise that the front wheel makes. If I remove the mudguard the noise disappears, i have now lined the inside of the guard with sound deadening material in the hope it suppresses the annoying rattle/noise.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 12:26:46 PM »
I had an annoying rear rattle. Realised it was all the crap in the top box. Box removed. Problem solved. Does not help I know
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics

winded-staunch