Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

Front brake light switch problem

(1/2) > >>

TigerWood:
Morning all

I was checking the  lights, indicators and brake lights on my 2014 800 ABS before going to work yesterday and found a slight issue with the front brake.

When I pull the lever the brake light comes on momentarily then goes off.

I'm guessing its the switch and was hoping anyone out there had the same issue and if so is there an easy fix? :440:

Turbo100:
My Bonneville did exactly that once, flushed it out with copious amounts of WD40 whilst operating the leaver. Never had the problem again

julianhj:
The switch is on the way out, it's cheap and extremely simple to replace - a single small screw to remove the part. I had this issue last year and initially got a cheap switch (they're fairly generic) from eBay, but it wasn't very well made so I bought a genuine part from my local dealer for about 10.

healdem:
Originally Posted by Turbo100 My Bonneville did exactly that once, flushed it out with copious amounts of WD40 whilst operating the leaver. Never had the problem again

Wd40 is not a lubricant, it's a water dispersant. It leaves a residue which collects grit. Use a silicon spray lubricant  in preference

AvgBear:
Originally Posted by healdem Wd40 is not a lubricant, it's a water dispersant. It leaves a residue which collects grit.WD40 (general):
* < 70% = organic solvents (paraffin / mineral spirits)
* < 35% = petroleum base oil (mineral oil)
* 2~3% = CO2 gas / pressure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version