Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Standard seat height  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Tom

• Tiger Cub
Standard seat height
« on: June 08, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
Hello everybody, I've just joined the Forum as I'm on the hunt for my first Triumph. Having looked at all the rest I've decided that the Triumph Tiger is far better for me than the others. So, to my first newbie question.....

Seat height.
What the standard seat height on the lowest setting on the 2013 era Tiger XC and the Roadie? I'm trying to decide which one. I fancy the XC but am worried it may be a tad too tall. I'm 5'8" and about a 30" leg. I know you might say both would be fine but I haven't ridden much for the last 30 years so am not so confident at the moment and want to be able to put my feet down easily.
Any buying advice would also be much appreciated.
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section (newbie!!!)

Offline hoggyf

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 roadie
Re: Standard seat height
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 11:39:09 AM »
Can't comment on the XC but both versions have adjustable seats and theres also the Triumph low comfort seat so in effect you have 3 seat heights available.
I've got a 2011 roadie and can put the balls of my feet down on the standard seat on low setting and I'm probably just a 28" inside leg

Offline StretchToo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XC 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 12:01:34 PM »
My only thought on this is the XR / XC difference is off road for most of us isn't that important. They're both capable of doing it, neither is a true traillie but they'll get you down a forestry track or onto a campsite without embarrassment. Far more important to have a bike that fits you and the right tyres if you are going off road. I've got an XC because I'm 6'3", but I rarely go off road. The 19" wheel on my Bonnie worked great off road.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by hoggyf [+]
Can't comment on the XC but both versions have adjustable seats and theres also the Triumph low comfort seat so in effect you have 3 seat heights available.
I've got a 2011 roadie and can put the balls of my feet down on the standard seat on low setting and I'm probably just a 28" inside leg

+1

Worrying too much about it is a self fulfilling profecy.  Roadie with the standard seat in the lower position is the way to go.  Low seat has a flatter profile that spreads your legs further apart.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
i'm 5ft 8, 30 inside leg, I have the XR with std seat in low position and lowered with links by 15mm, I can get both feet nearly flat on the ground, for me personally any higher would be no good, I like both feet planted...ymmv
I have the low seat as well, but the std seat is much softer and you sink in probably to the depth of the low seat, there is some advantage to the low seat, but not  a lot, I only ever ride solo and don't weigh much so rear suspension is as low as it go's which also lowers ride height a bit

Offline Bikerboy

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 xr800
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
I'm 5 6" with 30" inside leg have the low seat fitted and 30 mm lowered suspension also dropped front end 12mm,can get both feet flat on ground which makes me much more confident on the bike.Alterations haven't affected the handling

Offline Gazzer

• Tiger Cub
  • Just me
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
Hi. I also would like to lower my Tiger 800 XCX about 2 inches, could you tell me how you did this, what you used, and if you did this yourself. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline Bikerboy

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 xr800
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »
I fitted the triumph lower seat then a set of lust racing lowering links and dropped the front forks 12mm to compensate for the rear end being lower.Its very easy to do instructions come with the links only took about half hour .Good luck worth the effort

Offline cwadej

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '18 XCx
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
adjustable lowering links is best option, allows you to fine tune it to suit you.

https://soupysperformance.com/triumph/tiger-800/tiger-800-lowering-links-kit.html

*Originally Posted by Gazzer [+]
Hi. I also would like to lower my Tiger 800 XCX about 2 inches, could you tell me how you did this, what you used, and if you did this yourself. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 03:35:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by cwadej [+]
adjustable lowering links is best option, allows you to fine tune it to suit you.

https://soupysperformance.com/triumph/tiger-800/tiger-800-lowering-links-kit.html

The problem with Soupy's links is rust. I had a pair on my roady and after riding on slightly wet road once, the rust started to consume the links. The ability to "tweek" the height is a nice feature on Soupy's.

Chico

Recent Topics