Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front sprocket !  (Read 826 times)

Offline kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
Re: Front sprocket !
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 10:59:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
17/47 puts you at 5k rpm for 80mph in top gear. It also means your minimum speed in 1st without slipping the clutch is about 9mph.

Cheers for the info, much appreciated. I'll just stick a 47 rear on then and leave the front alone. I'm off touring on it soon so thought it was a good Idea to lower the rpm when cruising

Offline Dick

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800xR
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
I assume you will need a 2 link longer chain ,to keep the wheel in the same place or,have you got enough adjustment ?
just because you have your eyes open does not mean you are alive!

Offline walt

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 12:30:20 PM »
my thinking on the 17t is its just about enough, i'd like 6th to be a bit taller still, i'm still going for another gear... but I think adding 47 rear as well as the 17t front may be too tall in lower gears

surely with 6 gears to play with 6th could be more of an overdrive as standard....1st 5 are spot on, would be nice to make it a bit more long legged in 6th , for me personally anyway

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »
I thought that the rubbery bit of the front sprocket was the cush-drive . . .   :084:

Offline T-Rever

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »
For those of you changing from standard gearing, check your speedo with a satnav. This is relevent to the earlier Tigers. The later Tigers have a different speedo sensor pickup..

Offline farmer tim

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCX Blue
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »
Hey boys. If you are putting brand new sprocket on an old chain you maybe asking  for problems.  :182:
So far the day is good. Just waiting for that someone to come along!

Offline walt

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by farmer tim [+]
Hey boys. If you are putting brand new sprocket on an old chain you maybe asking  for problems.  :182:

front wears faster than rear anyway, usually needs changing before rear....mines a new bike though....

Offline Stopi

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 10:08:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fuge [+]
I thought that the rubbery bit of the front sprocket was the cush-drive . . .   :084:
The cush drive is in the rear wheel fella, the rubber ring on the front sprocket is for damping.

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 10:15:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fuge [+]
The outer plates of the chain might touch the rubber but the goal is to reduce high pitch buzzy ringing sort of noises. The rubber is applied to the faces of the sprocket. Alas, no cush-drive effect as the sprocket does not float on the rubber.

Offline Dick

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800xR
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 09:15:46 PM »
I also thought it was a Cush drive as well,so grounded the rubber off the old one & our right! Solid steel.
just because you have your eyes open does not mean you are alive!

Recent Topics