Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Uncomfortable  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
Re: Uncomfortable
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »
I have the same bike, same height but lighter.  I have the seat on the lower setting. Only had the bike 2 weeks but have done 1600 miles in that time and have had no comfort issues.  Might be worth trying the lower setting.

Offline dantriumph

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: `16 XCA
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 09:45:33 PM »
Hi.
Thanks for your replies. I recived the Airhawk today and went for a short ride before dinner, then a 1 hour ride after dinner. Its more comfortable then without, but Ill probably need to adjust it. Its rather diffucult to feel if you sit on the seat or on the Airhawk. Ill just have to ride some more kms :028:
Colinhitch. I started with the seat in the low position, but quickly changed to the high.
HansTiger800. Im sure my girlfriend would like me wearing those underwear. But theyre probably comfortable.
tauzero. A flat seat would be great, I did see one on the internet somewhere. Ive just bin on my Commando, Ive got a low handlebar on it and Im leaning more forward, so I dont feel the bones on my backside.
hanks Steve, Ill be looking for a set of XR risers. Anyone?
Just counting, I went to Work on he Tiger today, so in total Ive probably bin riding it 3 hours today. Not bad for a tuesday :123:

Dan

Offline Kiese18

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCa
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
You can get padded motocross shorts\underware for much less than new seat.  Could be an option. 

Offline Oldbear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XRT
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 12:10:23 PM »
Also try padded bicycle shorts under your riding gear.   Look goofy but they help on long runs.   Learned about em from an old Iron Butt rider (1000 miles in 24 hours).

Offline HansTiger800

• Tiger Member
  • Dutch Biker
  • Bike: 800 XRX white
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by HansTiger800 [+]
Hiya,

Happy dutchie on a 800 XRX, what might help is underwear.... :435:  yes, it does help (well  for me it does)

see this https://www.alpentourer.nl/winkel/adventure-skiveez/

cheers
JJB

OOPS, after riding for hours and hours....it hurts !!

looking now for a Touretech sadle.

cheers
JJB
Before on a GS550, GS750, GS1000, ST100 (x2), ST1300. Now on a TIGER 800 XRX
cheers
JJB

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
One thing worth trying for very little money is a 'cooling' cover, there are companies that sell them for specific bikes but they're quite expensive and easy to DIY from a cheap ebay one. As well as keeping your sweaty bits a bit cooler it gives a more contoured feel to the seat.
It's a strange material to look at but it seems to work well

This is the one I got, a bit of cutting and taping and it fits perfectly - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173951393518

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline NeoHurricane

• Tiger Member
  • Live, Love & Respect
  • Bike: '18 Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »
I had exactly the same issue and I have to say the Tiger seat is the most uncomfortable I've had for touring.  A mate bought an aftermarket gel cover which didn't do much so instead we both got our seats re-upholstered to add extra foam in the front part of the seat where all the pressure is.  This has improved it a lot though I wouldn't say it is all-day comfy.

It does seem to vary as others say the standard seats are not a problem for them.

FYI I am 1.7m (5'7") and 65kgs and my mate is much taller and a tad heavier so I don't know whether it is just a height/weight thing or random depending on everyones "geometry"...

Offline Hen99

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xox
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
Hi all. Its all very strange this comfort thing .I am a similar size. Yet I find my 16 xrx the most comfortable bike ever. Only just did a 3 hour (both ways ) ride with a dodgy back....no issues at all..as I said strange thing .Perhaps its posture !!!! I tend to lean a bit sort of supermoto style !!!!
 :300:

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
You might want to cast your eye over the tasty blue snakeskin Corbin seat in the 'For Sale' section of the forum. A tad pricy but could be just the ticket.  :084:

Offline HansTiger800

• Tiger Member
  • Dutch Biker
  • Bike: 800 XRX white
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fuge [+]
You might want to cast your eye over the tasty blue snakeskin Corbin seat in the 'For Sale' section of the forum. A tad pricy but could be just the ticket.  :084:

well, i am afraid of snakes.....
Before on a GS550, GS750, GS1000, ST100 (x2), ST1300. Now on a TIGER 800 XRX
cheers
JJB

Recent Topics