Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank protectors  (Read 617 times)

Offline redken

• Tiger Member
  • redken
Tank protectors
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
Hi all,
I've noticed that my textile trousers are starting to leave slight marks/ scratches on the sides of my tank. 
I've looked at them dot and dashes gel pads but not sure how they would look on it.  I've a 16 plate orange( thought it was red  but I'm coloured blind) 800 XRT.
Does anyone have these, or another suggestion.  Pics would be great.
Cheers
redken

Offline JonesTheBass

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRx
Re: Tank protectors
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 06:22:52 PM »
I tend to use the 3M clear film that you can buy, it's easy to cut, easy to apply ( water, detergent spray and a squeegee to get rid of bubbles) and can be removed without damage.
I bought a roll off fleabay and cut my own tank protector from that, gone a little yellow over the last 12 months against the white tank but its still there and when it gets bad I can replace it.
Not saying to use this seller but this is what I mean.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15cm-x-3m-Car-Paint-Protection-Vinyl-Film-Sticker-Clear-The-Brand-to-Trust-3M/323281623363?hash=item4b45161943:g:qL8AAOSwrptbD~Ad

search for 3M clear vinyl and a few options come up, you could probably even get a coloured version if you searched for it.

One tip - if you are putting it on a very curved surface then use a piece of paper as a template first, cut to fit - and then use that as the pattern for your vinyl - paper is a lot cheaper when you cock it up.

Offline Elmer J Fudd

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:21:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonesTheBass [+]

"Made in England" on a Union Flag, epic fail....

Offline Sputnik

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:18:14 PM »
 :008: :047:
*Originally Posted by Elmer J Fudd [+]
"Made in England" on a Union Flag, epic fail....

Offline seconcwindsteve

• Tiger Cub
  • Fundy Bay
  • Bike: 2015 XRx
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 01:18:33 AM »
I'd still be interested to know where he got them....

Offline minidave

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800xrt
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:51 AM »
I resolved the same problem to my red 17 plate XRT last week buying a Triumph kit from ebay and modifying slightly.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-Type-10-Gloss-Paint-Protection-Kit-NEW/223231556566?hash=item33f9a33bd6:g:abYAAOSwwSJb7VOd
For 25 I got the tank middle, sides and mudguard done (the only painted bits) for less than some single tank pads. My mod was to the mudguard as the kit also has bits for a high level mudguard which I don't have. I trimmed the tip and edge of the high level ones which has given me much better coverage on the lower mudguard. I didn't use the frame parts as I think the rougher texture would stop them sticking properly.  I see Triumph have just added a kit to their selection for bikes with graphite frames at 65.

Offline JonesTheBass

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRx
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by seconcwindsteve [+]
I'd still be interested to know where he got them....

Search motografix tiger on ebay

Recent Topics