Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: DS Bike Protection - Warning  (Read 559 times)

Offline South Stoker

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCa
DS Bike Protection - Warning
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
Bought a Raid toolbox from this company (based in Spain). Waited for three weeks only to find yhey sent the wrong one. They became very confrontational when I asked to return it. Eventually, after prompting by PayPal Resolution, they agreed I could return it. Sent it recorded delivery and then followed up with several emails. All went unanswered. Eventually, PayPal Resolution paid my refund, so it seems this company has got away with taking my money and the returned toolbox.

Here's the warning folks - don't deal with this bunch of cowboys unless you have some sort of payment protection in place. Caveat emptor and all that....... :211:

Offline peasy

• Tiger Member
Re: DS Bike Protection - Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:52:18 PM »
I got mine through the UK distributor. I ordered the one for no rails and they sent the wrong one that was for fitting to pannier rails. They then sent me the one I wanted before I returned the wrong one although the fitting was not the best as I had to drill a new hole in one of the brackets. If Id not planned to have it for my trip to Spain I would have probably rejected that one as well.

Offline T120R

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 T120R
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »
I had a similar experience took three months to get my box after paying , they ignored E Mails and only after starting a paypal dispute action did it arrive.

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 11:30:20 AM »
I had one a couple of years ago. Because it had mounting points drilled for various fitments it leaked like a seive. So I made my own tool tube. Very easy to make, just under two litres of space and easy to mount. Its also totally waterproof, even against a jetwash:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,8042.msg282854.html#msg282854
Give a man a fish and he'll demand chips, a six pack of stella, 20 fags and a scratch card to go with it. Make him do some work for his fish. He'll aporeciate it more.

Recent Topics