Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuzeblock  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Fuzeblock
« on: July 18, 2019, 01:28:20 PM »
Anybody fitted a Fuzeblock to their 2018+ bike ?

Where's best to fit ?

Any pictures ?
Now available in "Batman"

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Fuzeblock
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »
Is there still a space above the ECU on the '18?
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:41:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Anybody fitted a Fuzeblock to their 2018+ bike ?

Where's best to fit ?

Any pictures ?

ive fitted a relay feeding fuses for my satnav, DRls but I need something more elaborate for the winter for my heated waistcoat and gloves, I like the Fuzeblock but it seems a tad overdone and expensive, something a bit simpler and around 30 would be better.....may end up making my own

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 06:49:37 PM »
I removed the plastic thing over the battery and mounted it over the battery with a piece of insulation foam above and below. Held in place by the rubber strap..

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
Do you really need 6 additional fused circuits on a Tiger? If you do I love to know what accessories you intend to install.
There is an Eastern Beaver 3CS 3 circuit device available in the for sale section of this forum. That may be both more practical and also way easier to fit.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
Do you really need 6 additional fused circuits on a Tiger? If you do I love to know what accessories you intend to install.
There is an Eastern Beaver 3CS 3 circuit device available in the for sale section of this forum. That may be both more practical and also way easier to fit.

I like the ability to run either off the ignition, or always on, I've got two accessory LED lamps that I want to run off separate fuses, a Garmin Satnav and a Dashcam, I need to sort out a permanent mount for the Satnav, otherwise I may carry on using a Ram ball mount and plug it into the handlebar socket, so either three, or four connections  :028:

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 11:34:29 PM »
Fair enough. There seems to be a gap on fuse blocks between 3 and 6 its either one or the other. Maybe there is an opening in the market for a 4 port device.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 12:50:21 AM »
You could just extend the capabilities of a 3-way by using one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-CAR-SPADE-TERMINAL-LINE-SPLICE-connector-4-way-insulated-BRASS-x-2/301548678074

I've bought one, along with a relay, to make a poor man's Beaver. Just got to get round to doing it before I forget where I put everything.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »
Ok, all you sparky types, where should I connect into to provide the ignition switched feed for the Fuzeblock, last time I did this I used the rear light live and I had a wiring diagram, so I knew what colour wire to look for, that was about 8-9 years ago though so I'm hoping there's an easier option, like a vacant plug, or something I can stick a wire into.

Step by step, with pictures preferred, I usually avoid anything that sparks when you touch it  :016:

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 10:43:30 PM »
I used the rear taillight live on my XRX. It is easy enough to work out which wire to use with a multimeter. Cant remember the colour it was nearly 4 years ago.

Recent Topics