Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Jumping ship  (Read 1113 times)

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
Jumping ship
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:01:46 PM »
Help please.

I'm thinking of jumping ship. After a ride on a pals KTM 1290 Superduke I feel like I'm lacking some horses. Thoughts are the Explorer or Multistrada?? Why did I ever go on the dam thing?? Will someone talk me out of this nonsense as I do love my Tiger??

:440:

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Jumping ship
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:16:05 PM »
Embrace the orange  :001:

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »
my bank balance wont let me  :157:

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »
Hazard a guess how many people have moved from the bigger adventure style bikes to the more nimble and lighter ones.

I am one of those.

I absolutely loved my TEx, but after a full spirited day in the saddle I was absolutely bu****ed.

The 800 does everything I want it to do.

It's a keeper for me.

Try and blag a big 'un for a weekend and you'll have a better idea.

Good luck.

:031:

Offline Oldbear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XRT
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:28:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by PapaTom [+]
Hazard a guess how many people have moved from the bigger adventure style bikes to the more nimble and lighter ones.

I am one of those.

I absolutely loved my TEx, but after a full spirited day in the saddle I was absolutely bu****ed.

The 800 does everything I want it to do.

I too have downsized to an 800.   Previously did the Super T and GS thing-loved them both but the lighter weight and more nimble handling led me to my little Tiger.  No reqrets.

It's a keeper for me.

Try and blag a big 'un for a weekend and you'll have a better idea.

Good luck.

:031:

Offline dan2604

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »
For what it's worth I went from a launch model 800, to an Explorer, then back to a 2018 800 XRT and have no regrets returning to the smaller bike. The Explorer was a great bike, and we did over 20,000 miles but it was big and heavy. The new XRT is much more nimble and much more fun to ride on the sort of roads I spend most of my time on. Sure, I have lost a few horses but I find that the 800 has all the power I realistically need in an adventure style bike. I have test ridden the 1200 XRT and it was a great bike, but for my money Triumph had not addressed the weight issue sufficiently for me to be persuaded to buy one.

Online johnnyboy101

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
A mate has a multi he now on his third in the time I've had my tiger( 5ys )His running costs are a shocker .I thought the servicing on tiger was heavy. The multi is a stunner but i couldn't  live with it day to day. Sometimes I get a bit out horse powered but it think the tiger  is plenty fast enough for me. Only my opinion of course. Cheers all.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »
Thanks for the advice from you all. Your all confirming my suspicions that the Tiger should really be a keeper. A test ride may not be enough to determine long term ownership and yes the Multi seems mega money and I have my doubts about reliability. maybe I should stick with the Tiger but just blag the odd test ride every few weeks?  :492:

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 11:27:26 PM »
So I took the  Explorer (Tiger 1200 xrt) out today. It's a great bike, fully loaded with gadgets ect but I feel you need to be built like a brick s$$t house to ride it to its full potential, so there wont be one sitting in my garage, I'm tiny!!. The Multistrada 1200s I was going to take out had just got sold so that's a ride for another day. I did how ever take the Speed Twin out for a bit and boy that thing goes. That could sit nicely in my garage, but only for a Sunday hack..No good for touring!!. Put that engine in the Tiger and boom!!! (someone from Hinkley be reading this??)
So I rode the Tiger home 50 miles in the pouring rain....It loved it...And I loved it....again, it made me wonder why I'm even looking at changing? I'm really secretly hoping the Multi isn't for me? I really hope it isn't but I wont know until I try it? Well why am I even bothering trying the Multi if I'm that happy with the Tiger? It's very similar, same weight, more power, more electrics!! Just gotta make sure I guess??

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 10:56:42 AM »
So many people go from the 800 to the 1200 looking for more grunt then go back to the 800 'cos they don't like the bulk. Try the Tiger Sport 1050, it has all the power without all the bulk. Not as nimble as the 800 though, ya can't have it all ways. Ha.

All the Tigers are great bikes for touring with luggage carrying capacity as good as the GS. To get more grunt we have to suffer more weight, all a compromise innit, try all the Tigers before going the dark side.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch