Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bars bent or optical illusion  (Read 888 times)

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
Re: Bars bent or optical illusion
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 09:16:42 PM »
Hmm, questionable quality control from Triumph here. Great bike but can't say I'm impressed with how common this issue seems to be.

Offline Paddler55

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 09:28:42 PM »
The real test will be in how Triumph respond to a warranty claim on this.  There is the potential for there to be an issue with headlight alignment at an MOT (not sure if this is something that is checked) by which time the bike is out of Triumph warranty so I intend dealing with it now.  This, unfortunately, isn't the only issue with the new bike - a number of other issues which, on their own wouldn't be worth mentioning, but when you add them up together with the build quality issue there is little chance Triumph will see any of my future cash.

Offline Tiger2

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »
Paddler55 I think you are wright I have also decided that it is down to the fitting onto
The main frame,but I am trying to ignore it and just want to get on and ride it,
As I have had my share of problems with new Triumphs in the past.

Offline Paddler55

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
Tiger2 your attitude is one that I am trying to adopt - "trying to ignore it and just want to get on and ride it" - but every time I get on the bike it annoys me although this may fade with time.  I see no simple solution to this other than a new frame and transfer all parts, something I would not be prepared to accept as the bike would be away for some considerable time and back to the fact that I bought a brand new bike.....I don't want to end up with some rehashed version of it.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »
I've been looking closer and closer at this and it does appears the bars are fine, it's the whole display/assembly area that is slightly wonky.

Not sure that's a route I want to even bother going down to fix considering it's only slight. Just going to try to ignore it and enjoy the ride.

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 06:14:23 AM »
The best way to determine whether the bars are off is to look straight down at the bars in relation to the fork caps.

Chico

Recent Topics