Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handlebar shake at 50mph  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Linc

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 800 XCA
Re: Handlebar shake at 50mph
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 02:18:13 AM »
So after going through the suspension all was perfect sag etc. My issue was not so much headshake it was a wobble between 35 and 50 mph and especially on deceleration.. The verdict is, I had a set of defective Michelin Anakee 2CP tires. The place I bought them from said they were getting alot of returns on these tires for that issue. I fitted a set of Mitas E07 tires on the bike and even though more aggressive as smooth as a babies bottom going down the road. I love my bike again!!

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2020, 04:56:19 AM »
We love happy endings, ride safe.

Chico

Offline Linc

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 800 XCA
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 02:18:58 AM »
Hey Chico, do you ride in this area? Im up near Milford PA

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 05:26:08 AM »
Linc, I sent you a PM.

Chico

Offline nadtiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrx
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 05:01:37 AM »
I noticed this shake 500ish miles ago, upgraded my forks with AK-20 cartridges and still have it.
My tires are to the end (shinko 705s), hopefully new tires (anakee adventure)will fix this.

Offline rantanplan

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XC 800 2018
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Unfortunately you can't rely on the manual that was the point, because the manual gives broad
settings for a supposed rider weight. It's annoying but if you want the correct sag, you need to
measure the distance from wheel axle to a reference point near the saddle (on center stand), then
have someone look at this exact distance with you on the bike on the ground both feets on the pegs.

Rear shock travel is 215mm, the rule is you want rider sag to be around 30%, so the difference of
measurement on center stand, to you on the bike on the ground should roughly be 65mm lower,
you'll see that with manual settings, it might be around 80-90mm or something and that's a problem.

Hope this will resolve your issue and you'll have fun like all us other proud owners !

agree with sag settings, but......
when i did my homework with my sag settings to my 2019 XC, being 76kgr with all my gear i thought that everythink will be nice because i consider my self the average driver(as they say for factory settings), but NO, Triumph says 9 turns on the back and i needed 5 for having the correct sag which is close to the loaded recommendation, o.k with that, but when i measured the front i had a measurement of 89cm instead of 66(30%) or 77(35%) from the 220 travel, so the bike will be unbalanced if i set the rear sag and can't set the front sag, when i tryed to loose all the turns of the rear just to check the balance i found that the rear has 10,3 turns and that gave me a measurement of 76(215)
so the bike from factory has a perspective of 40%(220) front and 35%(215) rear
because of the bike having only 13000km I'm thinking that there is a possibility maybe having less oil from factory at the front, haven't check it yet but will......
have been disappointed with sag settings of the bike for my average kgr.......
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:15:18 AM by rantanplan »

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by rantanplan [+]

agree with sag settings, but......
when i did my homework with my sag settings to my 2019 XC, being 76kgr with all my gear i thought that everythink will be nice because i consider my self the average driver(as they say for factory settings), but NO, Triumph says 9 turns on the back and i needed 5 for having the correct sag which is close to the loaded recommendation, o.k with that, but when i measured the front i had a measurement of 89cm instead of 66(30%) or 77(35%) from the 220 travel, so the bike will be unbalanced if i set the rear sag and can't set the front sag, when i tryed to loose all the turns of the rear just to check the balance i found that the rear has 10,3 turns and that gave me a measurement of 76(215)
so the bike from factory has a perspective of 40%(220) front and 35%(215) rear
because of the bike having only 13000km I'm thinking that there is a possibility maybe having less oil from factory at the front, haven't check it yet but will......
have been disappointed with sag settings of the bike for my average kgr.......

Well it's always disappointing when this kind of issues happen with sag, but your issue is not the same because you
have an XC and my explanation for OP is about XR suspensions, on my XRT weighing ~78 with kit, the front sag is
within the 30-33% range, it's just the rear that lacks preload.

But I feel for you man, had as much problems on my Africa twin, the rear was sh*t almost maxed for my weight and
I thought i'd die the first time I went on german highways, the front would shake so bad from 140 to 160, really
dangerous and scary !
Hyperpro spring was the solution, but really paying a 15K bike to have to change the spring is a joke.

Recent Topics