Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat Nav mount with a Madstad Screen  (Read 897 times)

Offline T120R

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 T120R
Re: Sat Nav mount with a Madstad Screen
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
 :046:

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »
Another shout out for Andy Harmston here.
Great product, communication and such a helpful chap. 👍🏻

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Hopefully the weather will still be good Wednesday when I've finished current work block and I can get it fitted. :017:

Well, a week later than hoped but in decent sunshine fitted my new bracket this afternoon.  :028:

Zumo 390 as fitted to standard XRt supplied handlebar bracket .

. and relocated on new bracket .

though wasn't the plain sailing I expected. The hole in the bracket wasn't quite big enough to allow the power connector to fit through and as 13mm is the biggest drill bit my drill can take I had to resort to a round file and enlarge the hole and touch back up with a dab of black paint.
Still needs a tweak as the position of the power box tight against the air filter snorkel gave enough power cable that everything was fine lock to lock but when I finally parked the bike on sidestand with steering lock on I noticed that the cable then became taught (so currently parked with steering straight). Hopefully I'll find somewhere easy to move the box forward a couple of inches but don't ideally want to put it against the cylinder head and excess heat.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 12:30:18 AM »
UPDATE & FITTING TIP:  Went for a little 120 mile ride Saturday (had a specific task) and immediately wasn't impressed, the Satnav was bouncing around like a jelly ...... but I immediatelly realised it was my own fault. If you (can) zoom in on the side view picture you will see that the foam/rubber pad is not quite touching the instrument housing. When fitting the new bracket I inserted it between the ambient temperature probe and Madstad brackets. At my destination (couldn't be bothered to stop before) I was able to get a piece of cardboard box and slide it between instrument housing and bracket, slightly applying a small bit of tension on the bracket to eliminate the possibility of vibration/movement. On the return journey the Satnav was rock solid. :028:

So, the pad isn't there to avoid rubbing but essential to a stable Satnav,  I just need to reposition the bracket innermost directly against the instrument back housing and take a short test ride. If there is any movement/vibration it will simply need an extra piece of very thin foam/tape added to the existing pad. :017:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline julianhj

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 07:32:29 PM »
Top tip, cheers Stevie.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch