Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Insurance

Annual Circus

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rtwo:
Originally Posted by chico It appears you boys on the other side pay a lot for insurance. My renewal is coming up at the end of the month. The annual cost is $460.00 or 377.00 BP for four bikes. I have full coverage including optional equipment and towing (collecting) on the bikes. :005:

Chico

I think the difference could be due to the liability
I believe in the US you have quite low minimum requirements in a lot of states?
In the UK the minimum requirement for property damage is 1.2M and there is no limit to personal injury claims

Just looked at mine (past and present) and the property liability is 20m

chico:
Motorbikes can't do much damage to property so the cost is low for that coverage, in my case I have 82M BP. Bodily injury is 20,500M BP per person.
Rates in cities such as NYC are considerably higher. I live about 40 miles northwest of Times Square.

Chico

Guyver:
I've NEVER paid over 120 fully comp with protected bonus. Cheeky gits wants over 150 this year which I won't pay. I'll just keep phoning around till I get the same price as last year. Any company that gives me a higher price then tried to beat a better price can stick it. If they can't offer me a decent price to start with I refuse to use them.

Stelyn:
If you a member of the  I. A. M. you get a decent discount ( Cornmarket Insurance, tel; 028 9033 2111 ) just had a renwal quote of 130  fully Comp and inc Legal Cover ,  also got the Car done with them :028:

Guyver:
Originally Posted by Stelyn If you a member of the  I. A. M. you get a decent discount ( Cornmarket Insurance, tel; 028 9033 2111 ) just had a renwal quote of 130  fully Comp and inc Legal Cover ,  also got the Car done with them :028:
The problem with that, is you must pay your membership each year. And the extra 40 a year membership doesn't equate to a 40 saving. They said last year unless I started to pay membership again they wouldn't insure me. I can get it cheaper elsewhere without the IAM discount.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version