Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alpinestars Boots Resole  (Read 445 times)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Alpinestars Boots Resole
« on: August 22, 2019, 12:09:39 AM »
After about 4yrs (and bought secondhand like new) I realised a few days ago that my Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots were almost through on the soles, the right has a few splits and a small hole.

As they have been really comfy, warm in winter and 100% waterproof, even on certain Megameets, I decided to investigate the possibility of having them resoled.

The only option I found was GB Bike Leathers and a few emails to confirm they had the right Alpinestars sole for the model and this afternoon I sent them off. The Post Office wanted an extortionate 13 so I did a quick search, booked online, printed label and dropped them off at the local DPD depot on the nearby industrial estate . 7.19 with VAT.
The price for repair is 77 including return courier, which given they are available new for around 180'ish may be considered by some as not worth it but I hate waste and as I know the boots are 100% reliable and as comfy as slippers I opted for repair over new.

https://gbbikeleathers.com/
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Alpinestars Boots Resole
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »
Just done similar with my Altberg Clubman Roadster boots.  Although easier as I just sent back to the factory.  When I bought them new they were 124.  Now they are 255 and resole is 50.  Good for another 15 years!!
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
I'm also having them repaired to act as a 2nd pair soon. l will be up near Cockermouth (Dearham) Cumbria late October so hoping to get across to Altberg and try some as well as in about 2 months time to be in a position to renew some of my worn out gear. My Triumph jacket is, at 6yrs, on it's last legs so hoping to ride up to Motolegends Guildford and see about a quality set of textiles, possibly Halverssons Walkyr jacket and Wish trousers (would like Rukka Nivala but far too expensive) and possibly Daytona boots . slightly swayed to the Daytona being Gortex lined.

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »
Hi Stevie.
Before spending lots of hard earned cash, try on a set of the fairly new laminated Oxford kit. 450 for jacket and trousers is pennies compared to other brands.
I love mine.

:031:

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 07:51:22 PM »
I have had both the Halvarssons Walkyr and Wish suit which funnily enough I also bought from Motolegends, I then sold it  .. and currently have the Rukka Navigator suit. I can tell you that the Halvarssons fit more comfortably / more tailored but the Rukka is better in terms of keeping in the warmth for me. Both were fully waterproof.

The Navigator suits are coming down in price so if you can stretch to it - have a good look at those as well. Just another option - my opinion of course  :002:

I also agree that the new Oxford Mondial Laminate looks good for half the money -  have a look at TMF on you tube who has used one extensively and did a good right up on it.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 01:54:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
The only option I found was GB Bike Leathers and a few emails to confirm they had the right Alpinestars sole for the model  ...

.. all done. :028:

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »
Ayup Stevie, I relegated my 15 year old Alpinestars boots to trail riding 4 years ago, tops are shabby, soles still ok. My new 4 year old Alpinestars Web are still like new. I only do mebbe 8k miles a year. How do you wear the soles out riding your bike? Commute?

Just bought some new kit mesen, Dainese goretex Carvemaster2 Jacket with goretex pants 650 squids. They look the biz, aint tried um yet.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
... How do you wear the soles out riding your bike? Commute?

95% commuting to work and back in city traffic, so relatively high foot down (and sometimes foot down crawling and having to slip clutch) and then walking to/from bike shed location in to work. Also tend to be quite heavy on the heels of my footwear. As said, they were secondhand when I bought them so clearly the soles were more worn than I realised? They certainly looked nowhere the tread depth of the new soles. Hopefully towards the end of October I'll be back up at the Lakes (nr. Cockermouth) and intend getting over to Altberg one day. Having done lots of research (Altberg & Daytona) and thinking I am intent on trying a pair of their 'Roadrunner' boots. :017:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

:028: Yes (180 for exact like for like model) for others, but as I initially said, for me .

*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
. The price for repair is 77 including return courier, which given they are available new for around 180'ish may be considered by some as not worth it but I hate waste and as I know the boots are 100% reliable and as comfy as slippers I opted for repair over new.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch