Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ambient temperature gauge way off  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Abbienormal

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 18 Tiger 800 Low
Ambient temperature gauge way off
« on: August 29, 2019, 01:39:03 AM »
I have a question on the air temperature reading on the 2018 Tiger. I have a 2018 and it reads way low. It appears to be on a scale as the hotter it is the farther off it is. Not sure where it is a lower temperatures yet but comparing it to another bike with a gauge that read the same as several other bikes in the past at 92 degrees (F) mine says 85. At 73 it reads 68. Any cure? Brother has a 2019 and his read about the same as mine plus 1 degree.  Problem is one other bike with a known accurate thermometer and the phones and outside temperatures were all higher.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Ambient temperature gauge way off
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 04:15:41 AM »
The temperature gauge sensor on the pre 18 models is located directly on top of the headlight under the instruments as in the picture below. I expect the later bikes are probably in the same location. it could be worth checking to see if there is anything obstructing air flow to it but I guess that would probably tend to make it run hot.
The gauge on my bike is very accurate within maybe 1/2 degree C. It is consistently about 1.5 degrees cooler than my Ducati which has the probe located in a place much more effected by engine heat.

Maybe the gauge can be recalibated using Tiger Tools or such similar software.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 09:19:18 AM »
It's a 2018. It's under warranty. I know where I'd be going.
Lost again

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
:0461:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Oldbear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XRT
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
My 18 XRT is pretty much on the button.    Id say let the dealer check it out under warranty.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 10:28:47 PM »
My mates Speed Triple RS is at least 5 degrees (C) under reading, the dealer said they couldn't find an issue  :015:
My KTM was spot on and then went screwy so had to replace the sensor, 15 later it's back to spot on.
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch