Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CNC Machined Footrests  (Read 427 times)

Offline celticus

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800XR
CNC Machined Footrests
« on: September 08, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
Are the CNC machines footrests I see for sale stronger than the stock one? I have a habit of standing on the left footrest and swinging a leg over to mount the bike. Stronger would be better.

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
Re: CNC Machined Footrests
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »
I assume you are referring to the Triumph CNC footpegs,  Well I doubt they are any stronger than the steel oem items but will be wider and easier to get a footing.
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
I've got them (the genuine Triumph ones, periodically available ridiculously cheaply) on mine. That's the way I mount and dismount, and I weight a tad over 100kg (I'm not overweight, just underheight). No flexing or anything worrying.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Robzulu80

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 XCx
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
I've got them (the genuine Triumph ones, periodically available ridiculously cheaply) on mine. That's the way I mount and dismount, and I weight a tad over 100kg (I'm not overweight, just underheight). No flexing or anything worrying.
Where do you find them cheap (periodically) as Im super keen for some for the next purchase along with tank and upper protection.
Cheers Rob

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
There seems no rhyme or reason, they (and assorted other things like bling for air-cooled twins) periodically get their prices drastically cut. When this happened, there would be a page on the official Triumph site and you'd be able to get CNC footpegs for 25 and alloy sump guards for 45 (and a 750 Arrows Scrambler exhaust for 250) - the prices would also be shown on World of Triumph's website, and probably Total Triumph's too (other Triumph websites are available). The footpegs (and IIRC the sump guard) were for the 800 and 800XC, the first generation models, but they fit the second generation ones too (don't know about the Gen3 ones).

I'm sorry to be rather vague about it but the last thing I bought (the footpegs, as it happens) was a year ago and I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for breakfast these days. However, if they'll ship to the UK, these https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/foot_controls/id-a9770037/cnc_machined_foot_pegs are the boys. They're on my 2015 800 XRx, so you shouldn't believe all you read about what they'll fit. The daft thing about the sump guard was that WoT had it at both full price and discounted price on the website simultaneously, so you could choose whether to pay 45 or 210.

I think you just have to keep your eyes on World of Triumph's website. They're not just one-day events though, they seem to last a few weeks.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by celticus [+]
Are the CNC machines footrests I see for sale stronger than the stock one? I have a habit of standing on the left footrest and swinging a leg over to mount the bike. Stronger would be better.

The footrests will not break with you standing on one to swing a leg over. Worry more about your sidestand. Even that is unlikely to break with continued use.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Recent Topics