Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mini European tour  (Read 192 times)

Offline Laura-Ann

• Tiger Cub
  • Almost home
  • Bike: 800 Xrt
Mini European tour
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »
Back in July I had the chance to get to ride some amazing roads in Europe.  This came about from an invite from the lovely ladies who had been organising Luxembourg's ripple relay from the main WRWR ( Women Riders World Relay )  https://womenridersworldrelay.com/     

Their event was going to be a weekend tour of the borders of Luxembourg, getting to explore some amazing roads and scenery.  So all I had to do was get there  :492:   ( Why am I laughing?? ) well I haven't travelled far ever, the longest ride and it was a group ride had been 2 of the legs on the WRWR when it first started in the UK, so the thought of getting to Luxembourg was interesting. I decided that if I was going over then I would do a bit of touring as well and go see a friend in Germany  :125: 

The trip was a massive whirlwind, just over 1500 miles in 7 days, wish I had taken a few more days to sight see, but that's for next time.  The Tiger was fab, and even though I had an accidental dismount  :034: never missed a beat, lapped up the miles and was so comfy.

Riding on the continent was for me easier than here, not sure why, going over on the Chunnel was such a great way, and gives you more riding time.  The roads I found were much smoother and even in the wet didn't have to worry about wet white lines. 

If you've never ridden round Luxembourg I highly recommend it, lots of twists and turns along with faster open roads.

Link to my album of some pictures from the trip, rather than just attaching ton's  https://photos.tiger800.co.uk/album/DGu1

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: Mini European tour
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »
Looks like it was a good trip.  Pleased you got to go on it.  I dont think theres a better way to tour europe or meet people than on a bike, Ive never had a bad experience, even when things dont go to plan!
Hope this will be the first of many for you.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch