Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wind Noise  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Hen99

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xox
Wind Noise
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:12:22 PM »
Hi All
Just done another 400 mile day, Tiger went fine , Only issue the dreaded wind noise in your helmet
Now I ride with a Give airflow screen which is fine , keeps a lot of wind of my body  but I would like to lessen the wind noise in my helmet, I currently have 2 AGV  k4 s , I am looking for another helmet , maybe for winter use only which I will not wear with sunglasses but maybe  with a fine balaclava - has anybody any secrets as to how you know how noisey the new helmet will be ,
Spending 400 on a new helmet will be a bit of a waste if it does not reduce the wind noise.  :084:
 :300:

Offline grunty-motor

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XCA
Re: Wind Noise
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »
I would think that the problem will lie in the screen, not the helmet.

Offline pahiker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCx
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 09:08:08 PM »
My solution is to wear earplugs.

Offline snowblue

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrt
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:16:12 PM »
Agree....Earplugs,cheap or otherwise.

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 10:03:56 PM »
I have the Madstad Screen which is very good but the problem comes from below. There is a significant amount of noise from the rush of air up between the handlebars and tank. I have a good Arai helmet but the turbulence just lines up with the underneath front half of the helmet in my normal riding position. I have, for a test, stuffed a scarf in this helmet space around my chin and along my neck and found the noise notably less. Of course that is not a useful fix but it does demonstrate the problem. So I use quality earplugs.

Online ColinXCX

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Tiger XCX
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 10:11:46 PM »
 :493:
Exactly the same for me...

Online walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »
my upper windflow is sorted with Puig screen with spoiler, no buffeting fairly quiet, a lot of the noise and blusteriness comes up both  side of the tank, its a natural shape funnel... and straight up your chest to your helmet, try putting your hand across the indents at the side of the tank/fairing while riding at 60 plus...or putting your arm across your chest...its surprising how quiet it goes , i first noticed this when i had my tank bag on, no wind up the front/inside of my helmet, sometimes this is so bad it makes my eyes water,, pita.... i'm looking at making some kind of winglets to fit each side/below the headlight

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »
Earplugs. Every rider should wear them on every ride if they want to protect their long term hearing ability.

Offline Robzulu80

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 XCx
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »
Id say the screen, I have a madstad and a oneal helmet and do not suffer wind noise when Im wearing or not wearing my ear plugs.
Cheers Rob

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »
I've worn Schuberth C3 Pro's for a long while now and they are very quiet especially in combination with the Madstad I had fitted to my XRx. Still no problem with the XRt with OEM adjustable screen (though not quite the same as the Madstad, but not worth changing).
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Recent Topics

winded-staunch