Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are all Adventure Panniers created equal?  (Read 454 times)

Offline TimNorth19

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Are all Adventure Panniers created equal?
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »
I wonder whether anyone can help. I have a set of the plastic adventure panniers on my 2013 roadie and recently had a low speed collision which has cracked the left hand (bigger) one.

Anyway, I found a set of the plastic adventure panniers on ebay which have apparently come off a 2015 Explorer 1200.
They look very similar to mine judging by the photos, but I wonder if anyone could confirm my assumption that they will fit my bike too? Hopefully so, as I plan on going on a couple more weekend runs before the weather turns!

Many thanks

Offline Mr Grumpy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Are all Adventure Panniers created equal?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »
Quick scroll through World of Triumph accessories list shows they are same part number - A9508184

Offline TimNorth19

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »
Smashing, thanks Mr Grumpy  :152:

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 06:50:20 PM »
Why dont you Arraldite a patch over the break ?

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Why dont you Arraldite a patch over the break ?

Yes, Simple cracks and tears can be mended on automotive plastics. Check inside for markings that many times say what plastic group is used. I am not familiar with Arraldite but a good auto parts store stocks suitable supplies.

Offline TimNorth19

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
A good idea, but I should have said that the crack is actually right around one of the hinges on the front cover, so effectively the front of the pannier is now only held on by one hinge and the top locking mechanism. I did consider using some sort of adhesive to glue it together but I'm not sure it would be a lasting fix given it is around the hinge where it would get more stress.
New panniers coming tonight anyway. When I've got the money perhaps I should get the aluminium ones. Seem to be a lot more robust and look cooler in my opinion.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch