Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash Bars or Crash Bungsafternoon all,  (Read 844 times)

Offline coddy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: Crash Bars or Crash Bungsafternoon all,
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 08:37:56 PM »
I've got a set of Hepco and Becker tank bars for sale that have never been fitted.

Offline Uczbpha

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XRX
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 08:41:26 PM »
Awesome, thanks :152:

Offline tommyt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 11:43:23 PM »
I bought my 2011 roadie with the OEM crash bars. I wasn't convinced that they would do the job so bought the SW Motech ones instead. Then someone posted about the Heed ones on here. They ticked all my boxes so I changed again. It's been quite an expensive experience so if I can save you and others the hassle then hopefully it's worth it. I recommend Heed!

The only problem is that my mates keep asking me why I have built a scaffold around my bike! I hope to never get the last laugh on that question!!

TT   

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 09:14:58 AM »
I have the Triumph engine bars, unlikely they'll protect anything above that level.

Met a lass with the Heed bars, they should give good protection, bit fugly, but does that matter.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
I have the Triumph engine bars, unlikely they'll protect anything above that level.

+1 .... having laid down 3 times they definately protect the expensive engine and bottom end but inevitably something high up suffers. I needed a new brake lever (which was an excuse to get folding levers), indicator lens and the silver body panel as the indicator took the brunt and punched a hole in the panel it bolts on.

However those are sufficient for me as the bike is top end heavy enough without adding the weight of additional upper bars.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »
One manufacturer that wasn't mentionned, Outback Motortek, I used their bars on my Honda AT and it fell I think 7 times both dirt and street, Nothing broken just some small rock scratched the fairings in a dirt fall.
They seems to be really crash testing their bars, as opposed to SW motech or some other brands, who are more for show almost.

They are usually the biggest diameter and beefy sidewalls, SW motech are licorice next to these  :008: !
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:05:48 PM by Djairouks »

Recent Topics