Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gear Lever not returning properly....sound familiar?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline diggerled

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800XC
Re: Gear Lever not returning properly....sound familiar?
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 09:45:23 PM »
The spring broke on my 2011 800XC in August 2013, at 18,000 miles. It was covered by Triumph as a safety recall and repaired at the dealer. The breaking spring was covered but a broken off pin is not.
You cannot win by making your neighbor lose.

Offline DMH

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 16 Tiger 800 XCa
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 09:08:31 PM »
Also, I just had to change the small spring behind the clutch and tried to take the clutch nut off. I had it on the center stand which allowed the rear wheel to turn when in gear. I couldn't get the nut off so I took it off the center stand and put it on the side stand. The nut came off easily then when in gear while holding the rear brake.

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 08:09:19 PM »
Checked with Triumph. Mine is out of the VIN range for the spring replacement. There is no recall for the pin/shear replacement! They suggested that i took it to a Triumph dealer. Ha!

Didn't get to it this weekend but hope to get an evening on it this week. At least get the failed part out.

Thanks for all the posts. Will review Youtubes this eve to get the spanner juices flowing :173:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch