Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why did you buy a tiger instead of a different brand ?  (Read 2800 times)

Offline penry

• Tiger Member
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
Re: Why did you buy a tiger instead of a different brand ?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
I have this story already on this forum but guess I am allowed to repeat it.

After a long break in biking I started again in 2010 with a small BMW G 650 XC. Sort of grew out of it and was about to go for a F 800 GS in 2013. Took the G 650 into service and they gave me the desired F 800 as an exchange bike. On this bike I went to the the Triumph dealer for a test ride on a Tiger 800. It took only minutes to fall in love with the Tiger especially the smooth triple got me right from the start.

So I bought a white Tiger roadie sold the BMW and I was happy ever since. That Tiger has now almost 75, 000 kms on the clock and is the most reliable bike I ever had.
:001: :001: :001: :001: Great story ! Thanks for sharing  :031:
Campsite Clouseau.

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800xr
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »
Looking for something lighter , also fed up with BM quality ,final drives garbage , failing esa suspension-costly , Tyre pressure monitors more expensive something to wrong with items.
Had my XR for 3 months now and after couple of weeks I was up to speed with the suspension .
Done 500miles in a day a couple of weeks ago with my pal on his GS1200 , Aberdeen to Applecross ( lunch at the Inn) to Glencoe to Perth to Aberdeen, we can both follow each other very closely and I know when Im struggling to keep up ( the time I bought a Moto Guzzi California- like riding a grizzly bear on a space hopper when pushed at corners) anyway the Tiger performed excellently no problem following or leading the GS just a lot easier to push into corners .
As we left The Green Wellie stop it was dark , Im still amazed at the lights you guys should be raving more about this , definitely a keeper

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2019, 08:33:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
.. and will hopefully bring you over to the UK for many more Megameets to come. :152: :031: :028:
I surely will this bike will ridden literally until it falls apart.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline mozo78

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: TriumphTiger 800
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »
My other bike is a Suzuki DR800, made in 1991. I like it so much, one cylinder, 800ccm, very good sound, very long suspension. This spring we went to Croatia. There is a famous very curvy road. (E65, we stayed in Karlobag) (In my country are no winding roads, or mountains or see).We where there fo 4 days, in a great weather (no wind, acc 23-25 celsius temperature). t was excellent. But the last morning when we start to go home, the bike did not start. Fuel leaked from the carbs (Yes, it has two. And two tanks and sparks. Strange machine). Made some calls, and a friend of mine came to as with a lorry. We had to wait for hem 12 hours. So had some time to find a new bike.:D
I wanted a tour-enduro bike (in hungary the roads aren't good), about 650-1000ccm, and 190-220kg
3 bike remained in my list:

BMW F800
Suzuki Vstrom 650
Triumph Tiger 800

The BMW was more expensive, you have to fuel it back like a car (wtf?), once I tried it and did not like it.

Vstrom 650: it is my old bike grandchild. :) Reliable old V2, but ugly as hell. (This week at EICMA the suzuki showed the 1050, and it is a real beauty ).If I did not find a good triumph I would bought a new DL650. But luckily i found a semi good one

Tiger 800: in that tour there was a Sv650, a DL650 and a brand new street triple with us. The guy liked it, so I gave a chance to a Triumph. I started to search one. It was not easy, and it had a lot of problem (old bearings, chain and so on), but we were together in Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia and, Austria. Made some Modification (beak, gps holder, foglight etc.) My best bike so far. :) My next bike will be another Tiger 800. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t8XZMcZSSn8ztZeb8

Offline penry

• Tiger Member
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »
Nice piccies, looks like you had some good riding out there.
Why does your bike look like its just been washed in every one...? :001:
Campsite Clouseau.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch