Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEW TYRES REQUIRED  (Read 1904 times)

Offline taff

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
Re: NEW TYRES REQUIRED
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
I've also have 5 sets of Anakees on my xc, they suit the bike perfectly IMO.

I briefly tried a pair of bridgestones but had to get rid of them after about 5k miles because they were that bad on damp roads

Online Uczbpha

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XRX
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »
I've just ordered a set of Anakee 3's to try, its my first Tiger so happy to try a few different sets to see what I prefer personally. It came with Roadtec 01's which are a great road tyre as i've had them on my XJR1300 previously, they were however very badly squared off, I think the previous owner rode everywhere in a straight line.... :001: :001: :001:

This time I fancied a set or road bias duel sport tyres as i intend travelling on some unpaved and gravel roads as well this year, Anakee 3 sounds like they will fit the bill and still give good mileage at a reasonable price, I'll let you know how I get on with them  :062:

Offline Flyingbanana

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800,SV1000
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 01:52:54 PM »
Sorry to maybe ask the obvious as i am new to the Tiger world but just picked up a Tiger 800 ABS 2013 & tyres are ruined. Will these M & P Netz Roadtec 01 be good for my bike.

And is the link on here to the correct size as i have not got a clue what the Tiger takes & she is packed in tight now with all my other toys & want to order these quickly

ta

alan

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 02:03:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flyingbanana [+]
Sorry to maybe ask the obvious as i am new to the Tiger world but just picked up a Tiger 800 ABS 2013 & tyres are ruined. Will these M & P Netz Roadtec 01 be good for my bike.

And is the link on here to the correct size as i have not got a clue what the Tiger takes & she is packed in tight now with all my other toys & want to order these quickly

ta

alan

If it's the XR, you got the 19"/17" so you can have Metz R01. You need to put it in your bike details, you just got Tiger 800. Don't think they do it in 21".
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Flyingbanana

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
If it's the XR, you got the 19"/17" so you can have Metz R01. You need to put it in your bike details, you just got Tiger 800. Don't think they do it in 21".

It is just the model - Tiger 800 ABS on the log book. So the 17'' it is but it does look like there is a strong lean to the Metz 01. Thats a massive thanks Paul.
Looks like M&P deal is out of stock, hey hoo
alan

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flyingbanana [+]
It is just the model - Tiger 800 ABS on the log book. So the 17'' it is but it does look like there is a strong lean to the Metz 01. Thats a massive thanks Paul.
Looks like M&P deal is out of stock, hey hoo
alan

Mebbe they didn't name them XR & XC on the early models, I didn't have one. So if yours are 19f/17r you're ok with the R01's, they are good, I have another bike with the PR4's, I prefer the R01's.....up to now, dunno how they wear yet. The PR4's gave very good mileage.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Flyingbanana

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 02:25:26 PM »

*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Mebbe they didn't name them XR & XC on the early models, I didn't have one. So if yours are 19f/17r you're ok with the R01's, they are good, I have another bike with the PR4's, I prefer the R01's.....up to now, dunno how they wear yet. The PR4's gave very good mileage.

:493:

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
original realease models were
Tiger 800 and Tiger 800 ABS with the 19" front wheels.. the roadie, that morphed into the XRx 17" rear, 19" front
AND
Tiger 800 XC and Tiger 800XC ABS 17" rear 21" front.
Roadies and XRx have cast allow wheels, XC & XCx  have spoked wheels

...so Paulhere's is the more recent iteration of your bike

Ive sworn at the OEM Pirelli's but pleased with PRx Roadsmarts and now the Avons.

As long as they are black, round and have just the two holes either side, they do me fine.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »
On my Honda the continentals TA2 lasted 16'000Km this definitelly was the best I got so I'm tempted to get the new TA3, don't know if anyone did try them !?

I hear all the praise on Roadtecs, but some small roads here being pretty cracked, having dirt on or gravel I think it makes more sense for me to stay on 90/10 or up to 70/30 tyres, or do Roadtecs handle well these kind of road situations !?

Online Uczbpha

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XRX
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 10:55:30 AM »
I'm in the Uk and ride a XRX Tiger currently wearing Roatec 01's. As a road tyre they are brilliant and give awesome grip in the wet, as you I now fancy doing some unpaved, small lanes and gravel as well as our A & B roads, for this reason I am changing to the Anakee 3. a 90 / 10 tyre. Roadtecs strong suit is not these type of roads for me, I've had both the front and rear slide a bit on the more minor of roads with loose gravel hence me wanting to try a change  :028:

Recent Topics