Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tune ECU app not connecting!  (Read 315 times)

Offline mikesbaron

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800 x
Tune ECU app not connecting!
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
2012 Tiger 800XC
I bought Lonelec OBD cable and downloaded Tune ECU app to my Galaxy S8. I cannot get it to connect for the life of me. Yes I've tried different procedure sequences and looked on Youtube. Can someone help me out or tell me where I'm going wrong?

Here are my steps I'm taking:

1. Connect cable to bike's port.
2. Plug cable into my phone.
3. Open Tune ECU app on phone.
4. Click on "ECU" and "connect" on app screen.
5. Turn bike ignition on.
6. I've also tried turning the ignition on BEFORE I select "ECU" and "connect" on my phone.
*What ECU should I select?
*How do I connect via Bluetooth? Do I still need the cable plugged into the bike but not the phone?
*What is the name or code for the Bluetooth when I search for it?

At this point I get nothing. I've tried having the bike running. I've tried the bike not running and ignition on as listed above. I've tried various steps in different orders but nothing.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Tune ECU app not connecting!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »
You also need an otg adaptor cable AND turn on otg in your phone settings. At least I do when I use my one plus.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline mikesbaron

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
I think I have the OTG. This is what I have.

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
apologies for a "lazy" question in recognition that this has been exhaustively covered elsewhere in the forum

I want to use Tune ECU on my iPhone to connect to my 2019 800 XCA - preferably via BT but hardwired will do as well

would really appreciate it if the BT module specs (and/or for a hardwire connection, the cable specs) could be provided in simple terms - I'm IT challenged and literally want to go into a shop with either of the specs in hand and buy something to use Tune ECU with

thanking you in anticipation and again a thousand apologies for the lazy question :-)
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »
There are only two flavours of tuneecu as far as I am aware:
  • Windows
  • Android
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
There are only two flavours of tuneecu as far as I am aware:
  • Windows
  • Android

ok - what would be the BT connection/cable specs then for running it on a Windows platform?
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
ok - what would be the BT connection/cable specs then for running it on a Windows platform?

There's a very good article on tuneecu website as to requirements. My OBD bluetooth dongle looks like this:

https://www.fruugo.ie/bluetooth-obd2-fault-code-reader-elm-327-elm327-car/p-29155866-61709659?language=en&ac=croud&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfvsBRD7ARIsAKuDvMPPgjyIIfb-Q9ZAeW7-B1MULodmi1aymteTY9T9-Oz5iuPLkGO3N04aApwIEALw_wcB

I've had it years so can't be sure where I got it, other than the internet & probably ebay.
Cables are a bit hit & miss as there are a lot of cloned cables available that won't work. Search here for Tigertool and you'll get good info on what to look for.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
There's a very good article on tuneecu website as to requirements. My OBD bluetooth dongle looks like this:

thank you squire - much appreciated :-)

Offline mikesbaron

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 03:27:54 PM »
Part II, after trying AGAIN.

Here are screen shots of what I am getting on my Android after I do the following steps.

1. Connect ECU cable to my bike and to my phone.
2. Switch bike ignition and start button to ON.
3. Open Tune Ecu app on phone.
4. Select CONNECT on app.

As soon as I select CONNECT the phone asks for permission to connect to Bluetooth.
There are screen shots of what it is showing once I say YES to allowing it to connect to Bluetooth. After I select one or the other choices that is is giving me to connect via Bluetooth (see the screen shot that shows the two that says"Null..." I get the second screen where the CONNECT and SELECT button options under "ECU" are now grayed out and it won't let me do anything, and there is no action on the app. I essentially have to close down the app and turn off Bluetooth to get the app to reset.

Offline mikesbaron

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
Here is what my phone shows me after the app asks me to turn on my Bluetooth and I select SCAN Bluetooth on my phone.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch