Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorcycle Cameras  (Read 152 times)

Offline Ponch101

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800Xrx Low
Motorcycle Cameras
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:47:01 PM »
Hi All, My question is, has anyone fitted these cameras to there motorcycle, you get a front and rear cameras, you can go on e bay to see the full details and price. Thanks for looking. Ponch101
Below are the e bay details for the camera.

Blueskysea DV688 Motorcycle Dash Cam DVR Action Sport + GPS Logger & 64gb Card,

Offline Little H

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRXLow
Re: Motorcycle Cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »
Hello Ponch 101,

I fitted the Innovv K1 system (which is very similar) to my previous bike, but not got round to fitting it to the Tiger yet. I ran it for 3 years without major issue, but did have some problems recently which I think were associated with the hot weather. The DVR was mounted under the seat as it's not waterproof and I think it overheated on occasions causing it to malfunction. Was OK when it cooled down and the factory reset activated.

The biggest problem that I had was trying to find a mounting location that gave a good viewpoint and had low vibrations. Ended up mounting to the windscreen bolt and padded the bracket with a cork and neoprene gasket and then some damping gel. I didn't use the rear view option as I wanted the camera for filming my bike tours and some training videos. The quality was acceptable, especially in cloudy conditions, but had a tendency to flare and streak when riding into the sun. There is also no IR filter in the lens, so reds tend to come out sort of candy red colour, so I made my own perspex filter which helped.

It depends on what you want from the system; if you want it for potential accident recording then they are fine, but if like me you want to record tours they are a bit marginal in quality in my opinion and nowhere near the quality of a GoPro. The upside is that you don't have to faff about with batteries and it's always there when you need it.

Cheers   

Recent Topics

winded-staunch