Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dog Light Switch Mount  (Read 479 times)

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '66 800 XRX
Dog Light Switch Mount
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »
Morning all.

I have the 2016 XRX with the heated grips fitted as standard.

I managed to pick up the OEM LED fog lights (they haven't arrive yet!) from WOT in the recent sale and am just wondering about the switch mounting.

I am assuming that I will need to purchase the "switch cube" https://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph-accessories/tiger-800-accessories/tiger-800-674842/tiger-xrx/triumph-switch-mounting-kit.html

From what I can see on the photo on the site, it's just the "cube".

Do I need to purchase this to be able to fit with the heated grips?  it's only 20 at the moment so I would like to order it quickly if needed.

Do I need a separate bracket or will the existing bracket suffice?

Thanks!
2016 Roadie called "Betty"

Offline Ace23

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: Dog Light Switch Mount
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »
NO, if you have the heated grips you already have the lower switch what you need is the single switch for the fog this fixes to the existing bolts that your heated grips are using you need this kit.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/T2701586
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:03:23 PM by Ace23 »

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
Thanks.  I think that's coming with the kit anyway (it's certainly shown on the WOT product page) but I couldn't figure out (without having seen the parts) how the switch will mount with the existing grip button.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/A9838017 is the kit I ordered from WOT.

And having just gone through the WOT website it would seem that the kit for my bike is actually A9838021 and now I am worried that I have bought the wrong thing!

I can't see any difference between the two kits except that one says it's for XC and the other is for XR...

Offline Ace23

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 03:48:28 PM »
These kits are made for certain frame or VIN numbers I recently purchased a used set on here in the for sale section stripped my bike down to find the loom on my bike didn't match the loom on the fog kit I had.
What kit did you order it might have been worth your while calling WOT with the last 6 digits of you vin number to confirm it's the right kit, by the way what price were they selling them for in the offer.

Offline Ace23

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 03:54:34 PM »
Just checked that Part number for the fog light kit and it only fits 2011-1014 bikes

Here,
  (PART NO. A9838017) ARE ONLY SUITABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING MODELS:-
XC TO VIN 674841
XCA FROM VIN 674842
XCX FROM VIN 674842

Kit A9838017 can be fitted to all Tiger 800 and Tiger 800XC models from 2011-2014 however, Adaptor Harness Kit A9830053 (sold separately) must be used when fitting this kit to Tiger 800 and Tiger 800XC models up to VIN 611411 and from VIN 629457 to VIN 630723.
PART FITS:
2011-2014 Triumph Tiger 800
2011-2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ace23 [+]
These kits are made for certain frame or VIN numbers I recently purchased a used set on here in the for sale section stripped my bike down to find the loom on my bike didn't match the loom on the fog kit I had.

I am worried now that I am going to find the same problem.

What kit did you order it might have been worth your while calling WOT with the last 6 digits of you vin number to confirm it's the right kit, by the way what price were they selling them for in the offer.

Hindsight is 2020 isn't it?

I ordered them on Saturday evening so calling WOT was not an option.  Unfortunately, having only realised the issue this afternoon I suspect it's too late to cancel the order.  The link to the kit I ordered is in the previous post which lists the kit as fitting the XC, XCA and XCX.

They were 103 + postage.

Unfortunately I can't physically do anything like look at the bike as I am at the other end of the country to my bike until tomorrow night.

I might give WOT a call and see if there's anything they can do - recommend adapters or the like or cancel the order if they haven't sent it yet.

And, oh bollocks to your second message. :(

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »
So, I just phoned them.

The very nice lady on the end of the phone sounded like she was going to have a meltdown and started explaining that the parts from the sale items are being shipped to them.

I very quickly stopped her and explained my cockup and that I actually want to cancel the order.  An audible sigh of relief, a smile and she has cancelled the order for me.

Many thanks for saving a hundred quid!!!!  :037: :037: :037: :037:

My lesson learned is not to jump on an item without checking it fits first!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
For future ref. you can return goods bought online for a refund as a consumer right
I think you have something like 14 days, or maybe 30
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Ace23

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »
Think I would have still bought the fog lights and stuck them on here or Ebay you would have got 250 for them no sweat!

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 08:09:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ace23 [+]
Think I would have still bought the fog lights and stuck them on here or Ebay you would have got 250 for them no sweat!

I thought about that after I cancelled the order but apparently all the orders for those lights were cancelled by WOT on Friday.

They reckoned that Triumph discontinued them and WOT werent going to they them from then supplier.

Recent Topics