Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hand guards choice  (Read 1419 times)

Offline StretchToo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XC 2013
Re: Hand guards choice
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 11:50:10 AM »
I've found the barkbusters give better weather coverage than the standard guards, which send cold air across the back of your hands. The givi wind deflectors fix this, but they're very brittle.

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »
I fitted the Explorer handguards to my 2013 roadie, they work better than the standard 800 ones and they where cheap. Fitted onto the 800 brackets and a bit of jiggery pokery with washers on the bar ends and job done. Im happy with them

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,8042.3440.html
2013 Tiger 800 ABS. MTC end can running TCMT Hybrid map. Night Eye LED lamps. LED pilot light. LED indicators. Explorer handgards. Shorty Triumph levers and other bits and bobs 😊

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 06:48:19 AM »
Fitted Barkbuster/Storm handguards  on the 2018 XCx today. To get the right horizontal position of the bracket I found it interfered with the clutch cable. If you have the same problem try this: I twisted slightly the end of the bracket at the handlebar clamp assembly by about 10 deg so that the bracket will sit under the clutch cable without any need to re-position the clutch lever assembly.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:50:09 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline Norumph

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 10:02:02 AM »
Thanks everybody. Went for later Triumph guards. Easy fit, and they don't foul the Madstad side screens, so no need for risers as I'd expected.
Haven't tested them yet, but anything's got to be better than what was fitted before. Those did have indicator strips, but I could stick a pair of these on the Triumph guards:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GBT635Y/?coliid=I1XPW8DU0NIBGF&colid=EB9IJZAJ8OJ2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Recent Topics

winded-staunch