Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Straight from India!  (Read 400 times)

Offline vjvaranasi

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger XCX
Straight from India!
« on: October 27, 2019, 06:44:43 AM »
This is VJ from India. Proud owner of a 2016 Tiger XCX. Didn't want to start with the the concern but cant help. Cruise control doesnt seem to be working. The light doesnt turn even if I fire the toggle button. Service center found a DTC P1574 but that doesn't go even after that little drill which they had to do as per the diagnostics software. Not sure if this is related but bike gave up twice so far. It just didn't start while all lights were alright. First time was in middle of a good long ride after a pit stop. It started after 10 minutes while we didn't do much. Second time, i had to call the service center fellow. He did the same diags and the drill( clutch lever press, cc toggle switch, res +- etc). Couple of attempts on erasing dtc, bike started. Again no idea how. The DTC P1574 still remains by d way and cc doesn't work. Any suggestions would be helpful coz it's kinda become unreliable bike now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:50:04 AM by vjvaranasi »

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Straight from India!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:06:51 AM »
P1574 = Cruise control prevented due to other malfunction condition.

This is different to P1575 which requires the switch sequence to be performed to enable CC. There's something else at fault causing your problems I'd say.

I'd need to take a look at the service manual to check actions for P1574.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:35:01 AM »
Hi and :401:

I'm not clear from your description, have you had the bike from new or recent? Has the CC worked ok up until now, or have you not tried it since having the bike until now?
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 07:55:00 AM »
Hi VJ.
Can't help you regarding your problem but welcome to the forum.
Someone may well be able to help you.
 :028:

Offline vjvaranasi

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 10:07:20 AM »
I got the bike from another friend who upgraded. Never got a chance to ask of cc was working before.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 12:54:05 PM »
The reason I asked was to eliminate a possibility before posting the question, the difference being if it was working and then faiiled? If you have never tried it before and the bike being second hand my question would be, has the bike got the original silver alloy Triumph brake and clutch lever fitted or aftermarket ones. If aftermarket ones pre-2015 ones fit but won't work CC as they don't have the bit to operate the additional microswitch. That said the normal thing though is if these are accidentally fitted additionally to the loss of CC the fuel gauge normally goes faulty as well. Still worth asking, there's always the one fault somewhere that doesn't comply with the normal fault pattern. :187: :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline vjvaranasi

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 04:01:37 AM »
CC was working before. And even the levers are stock. It jus did the same thing again. It isn't starting anynore. All lights are good. Battery's good. But doesn't want to start. Its like a sitting duck now.

Offline kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 09:05:58 AM »
Hi VJ   :401:
It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Offline Oldfart

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger800 XRt
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
Hi VJ -  :401: and  :031:

Ride safe

Oldfart
Triumph XRt & America

Offline vjvaranasi

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:18 PM »
After going through the entire blog and few others, and thinking what changed while the last two times it happened, I tried something today. It was lying dead since yesterday. Today I put the key and turned on the ignition and the red kill switch and then fired nothing happened. I tunred off the key and left the key inside for about 5-10min. And then tried, its just fired. Now I'm not sure what actually is the problem. Side stand lever seems to be good as well. Why would leaving the key inside makes it fire back?
Cruise control doesnt work anyways...

Recent Topics