Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger XRT new 2018 model - screen buffeting  (Read 3788 times)

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
Re: Tiger XRT new 2018 model - screen buffeting
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »
Might a little screen spoiler deal with the extra few inches you need?

Offline AdamDaze

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger 800
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2020, 06:33:49 AM »
Hi all. Newbie here!

At 6ft tall, on my 2016 tiger, the buffeting goes away if you move your head a few inches up into smooth air, or down into the "bubble". So all you shorter riders, try hovering a little off the seat and you'll probably notice the effect.

For me it's definitely the screen, not the lid, as if you slide your helmet sideways a little it goes away. It's like the vortices off the screen flow *perfectly* either side of my helmet.

I heard I can drill a few holes in the screen to drop it down and pop the head into smooth air, get a clip on to push it up/over/out, or just remove it entirely.

To be honest I'll probably go the lowering option. Having a screen to tuck behind is great in event of massive bug swarm, tropical rain, hail, behind a truck that hits a dust patch, et al.  But after riding nakes for a while, I'd rather have no screen at all than this current affair.

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »
On the Ninja I had, wearing a tight leather Alpine Stars sports jacket gave me next to no buffeting but with slightly looser fitting AS textile jacket I was buffeted around all over the place, made a huge difference.

Recent Topics