Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi tool box  (Read 467 times)

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
Givi tool box
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:19:08 PM »
Has anyone successfully fitted a tool box to a Givi outback trekker pannier rack (excluding the ridiculously priced Givi one)? The BMW one looks better but not sure that it will fit without some adapting?

https://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/products/3472-givi-s250-tool-box-and-fitting-kit-tl8705kit-for-triumph-tiger-800-xc-tiger-800-xr/

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Givi tool box
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »
Cheaper, no fitting kit. Easy enough to make some brackets.

https://www.nippynormans.com/racks/givi-tool-box-only-needs-fitting-kit
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
No, but I fitted one to my SW Motech  panniers, I reckon they must be pretty similar?

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 08:01:44 PM »
Kempy how do you rate the box and how did you fit it to your rack?

Offline Sparks72

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 10:19:41 AM »

Hi,

I've fitted two of the Givi tool boxes to 800 Tigers.

The first was to my own Tiger 800 which has the Givi pannier racks fitted, using the Givi universal mounting kit and it took about an hour in total to fit.
The second was to my mates Tiger, which has the genuine Triumph racks fitted,  again using the Givi universal mounting kit, this was slightly more fiddly for some reason and took a little bit longer.
The genuine Triumph racks (although almost identical to the Givi racks), have an additional reflector bracket, so you have to mount the box in different way and this bracket does slightly hinder access to the box, but its nothing major.

As for the box itself, yes it is expensive for what is essentially a plastic box.
However,  it is a quality item and allows secure & water proof storage of items (tools, documents, spare blubs etc.)

Ive recently completed a trip through France, over the Pyrenees into Spain and back, which was about 1700 miles and we encountered all sort of weather conditions.
The box kept its contents clean & dry, so I know it performs well.

When youve got panniers fitted its invisible and with the mounting plate supplied with the universal fitting kit, it kind of blends in, so its not obvious to the light fingered variety of folks out there.
Its fitted securely to the bike and lock mechanism seems robust.

I searched the web & e-bay to find the box and the mounting kit at the best prices and purchased them from separate vendors in the end to get the best deal.

I would certainly recommend the box and Givi mounting kit. However, you could fabricate you own brackets for it and save some hard earned cash.

Hope this helps.
Tiger 800XCX
HONDA CBR600RR3

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 10:34:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I've opted for a cheaper copy of the bmw one. If its any good I'll post some pictures. If not i'll hold my head in shame and opt for the Givi one.

Online kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
Hi Nobsta

Cant really add more than Sparks72 has covered really. Very happy with is, it well made and robust. I also used the universal fitting kit which was a bit fiddly but over all very pleased with it.

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 09:56:59 AM »
Cheap knock off Pelican box from the local electronics  store. 100% waterproof, indestructible and large enough for all my tyre repair gear plus some additional items.
I have posted photos here multiple times they should be able to be found with some searching.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch