Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: rear shock  (Read 533 times)

Offline TAStiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 xrt
rear shock
« on: November 08, 2019, 05:45:47 AM »
Hi all I seem to have a prob with my 2018 xrt I cant set the sag set with the preload on the rear shock
 I've turned it full in and still can't get 1/3 of the travel when loaded " from mem travel 170mm so 1/3 = 54mm "
It seems to be bottoming out to when going thru corners if i hit a bump too
I think somethink wrong in the shock it doesn't click when I adjust it out or in
Has anyone had probes with the preload adjustment  on a xrt ??

ps still a gr8 bike hit a kangaroo @ 80 kph "50 mph" on road to broken hill last week not a mark on tiger not sure about skippy

TAStiger
theirs only 3 speeds fast . faster and ooo sh*t

Online applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
Re: rear shock
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »
Don't know but my 2018 which I bought with 4k miles on doesn't click when I adjust it either, the shock seems to work ok though.

Offline kamperman69

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
Hi Yep My shock on 2018 XRT wasn't good was bottoming out Evan worse when wife was on back didn't mater how I adjusted it. When I took it off it had scores on the barrel  So I got a Maxton shock and haven't looked back :152:(Well except for lifesavers) :016:

kamperman69...

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 08:35:48 AM »
+1 for a Maxton shock, now fitted to my second Tiger, HUGE difference...

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:40:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by TAStiger [+]
Hi all I seem to have a prob with my 2018 xrt I cant set the sag set with the preload on the rear shock
 I've turned it full in and still can't get 1/3 of the travel when loaded " from mem travel 170mm so 1/3 = 54mm "
It seems to be bottoming out to when going thru corners if i hit a bump too
I think somethink wrong in the shock it doesn't click when I adjust it out or in
Has anyone had probes with the preload adjustment  on a xrt ??

ps still a gr8 bike hit a kangaroo @ 80 kph "50 mph" on road to broken hill last week not a mark on tiger not sure about skippy

TAStiger

It depends on one simple variable, what's your weight, because for my 74Kg I already needed to crank the preload past half, if I remember correctly to get correct sag and yes there are no clicks either.
My manual reads 147Kg load capacity, I wonder if this is counting the driver or not, because if it is I need a slim Girlfriend now  :492: !

But this shock is a bit weird I also realized the bike would oversteer, until I upped the rebound damping to 7, on 12 clicks if my memory is good, which seems rather extreme but it made the rear much more neutral in turns, maybe try it even if it shouldn't change the sag maybe it won't feel like it bottoms as much then !

What about the kangaroo, did he get in a boxing match with you  :169: ?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:46:31 AM by Djairouks »

Offline TAStiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 xrt
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
Hi   No boxing match , I gave it as much room as I could but it still kept on coming
Hit it fairly hard I'd like to think it was rider skill but the bike just straitend up and I was fine
Did 4500 ks in 10 days in 3 different states and the Australian moto GP for 3 days
Not bad for a old bloke did 960 ks on first day haven't done that since  I was 20

TAStiger

theirs only 3 speeds fast . faster and ooo sh*t

Recent Topics